As stated earlier the world biggest throwing event will take place in less than two weeks: The World Biggest Throwing Festival “HALPLUS Werfertage”. The first major battle in the HALPLUS Werfertage is already fixed. The world record in hammer throw Anita Wlodarczyk had already confirmed her start, and now also the former world record holder Betty Heidler announced to […]
In less than two weeks time the biggest throwing competition in the world will take place in Halle, Germany. Everyone who is somehow related to the throwing world knows about the “HALPLUS Werfertage”. As already stated in a previous article: “Halplus Werfertage 2014″ best special meeting world wide” the Halplus Werfertage were the best special meeting […]
The Croation shot put specialist Martin Premeru tossed the 7kg ball 20.46m (67′ 1 1/2″) at the 21st International Meeting in Bar, Monetenegro. Kemal Mešić placed second with 20.19m (66′ 3″) and Hamza Alić 19.71m (64′ 8″) third. During youth and junior years Martin Premeru was always competing against the German shot put star David Storl. Back in […]
At todays Memorial Goran Subotić in Zagreb, Croatia the 19 year old discus thrower Martin Marković improved the national record for the 1,75kg implement to 67.47m (221′ 4″). Besides a new personal best and the national record it is also the second spot in the all time top list with the 1,75kg implement. Only Mykyta Nesterenko has thrown further […]
German hammer thrower Betty Heidler threw the 4kg implement beyond the 73m mark at the Tennessee Challenge in Knoxville, USA. Therefore, Betty does not need to worry about the qualification standard for the World Championships in Beijing, China (22th to 30th August) anymore. 71.50m are required by the German Athletics Federation (DLV) for participation in the 2015 […]
In an recent article, Throwholics wrote about the German discus battle in Halle (Battle for the top Women German discus throwers). Nadine Müller, Shanice Craft and Julia Fischer have already confirmed to compete in Halle. Anna Rüh, the fourth of the incredible discus quartet, now also announced to compete at the biggest throwing competition in the […]
For the three-time world champion Robert Harting a possible comeback is still far in the future. “The training is primarily a rehabilitation training and no competition training ,” said the 30 year old Berliner in an interview with the magazine “Athletics” about seven months after his cruciate ligament injury. “I still do have some problems that […]
The javelin did not stop to fly: On July 20th, 1984 Uwe Hohn threw the 800 gram implement to 104.80m in Berlin, Germany. It was the farthest throw the athletic history has seen and it will (probably) remain forever. Because the new javelin with modified flight characteristics would have been introduced even without the new […]
- Betty Heidler versus Anita Wlodarczyk May 4, 2015
- The World Biggest Throwing Festival “HALPLUS Werfertage” May 4, 2015
- Martin Premeru tosses 20.46m (67′ 1½”) May 4, 2015
- Martin Marković with massive 67.47m (221′ 4″) bomb (WJL) May 4, 2015
- Betty Heidler outbids the WC qualification standard May 4, 2015
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer julian wruck kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships World Record
- Florian van Dijck says: It is a translated article from https://www.facebook.com/werfertage/posts/320568321476446 Additionally, Anna did not comfirm...
- Me says: So Anna Rüh isn't even worth mentioning in an article about...
- Jason Bender says: Nicely put. Hope you throw far!!
- Edvard Harnes says: Thomas also made some remarks on me having special methods, ok...
- Florian van Dijck says: Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why i made that...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets