Jared Schuurmans (born20 August, 1987) is an American track and field athlete who competes in the discus throw. He holds a personal record of 66,10 m (216 ft 101⁄4 in) for the event, set in 2015. He was the American national discus champion in 2015. Schuurmans won an NAIA discus title in 2010 while at […]
The IAAF Diamond League meeting in Stockholm is over. The women’s javelin event was the last throwing competition taken place. It was a very special night for the strong women. In the end, the throwers were really close together missing out on the better place by only a few centimeters. Barbora Spotakova won the competition […]
Africa and Kenya javelin record-holder Julius Yego is the country’s best shot in the field events at the World Championships. He is the only one among the six javelin throwers invited for the national trials who has have achieved the 82-metre qualifying mark. The self-made Yego, who picked up training tips from YouTube posts, set […]
The Stockholm IAAF Diamond League meeting has started yesterday with the women’s shot put event. Now the men’s discus event has just finished with the Polish discus thrower Piotr Malachowski on top of the podium with a new season best of 65.98m. Philip Milanov placed 2nd with 64.97m and Robert Urbanek 3rd with 63.25m. The […]
This is an open invitation to ALL citizens of the Throws community. In November 2015, Athletics New Zealand will be hosting a Throws Conference. This event is aimed at bringing together some of the world’s best throwing minds, to facilitate learning and growth. New Zealand has a proud throwing history, led by athletes like Beatrice Faumuina […]
Apostolos Parellis (born July 24, 1985) is a professional Cypriot track and field athlete specializing in discus throw. He competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, narrowly missing a spot in the final after finishing 13th overall with an attempt of 63,48m (208′ 3″), just seven centimeters shy of the 12th position and the final. Since […]
The well known athletic club, TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen, organised a discus competition and invited several throwers to compete. The most prominent ones are the German Daniel Jasinski and the Dutch Erik Cadée. Jasinski won the competition with 64.59m being only a few centimeters shy of the official qualification standard of 65m. Erik Cadée placed 2nd […]
Shelbi Vaughan (born August 24, 1994) is an American athlete specializing in discus throw. In 2011, she won a bronze medal at the junior world championships and won the Pan American Junior Championships. She stood on the third step of the podium junior world championships in Barcelona (2012). Gold medalist of the NCAA. Personal record: 64.52 […]
- Road to Beijing: Jared Schuurmans July 31, 2015
- Barbora Spotakova took gold in the Women’s Javelin in the Stockholm Diamond League July 31, 2015
- Julius Yego “YouTube Man” Will be a strong contender at the World Championships. July 30, 2015
- Malachowski with last round win in Stockholm July 30, 2015
- 2015 New Zealand Throws Conference July 30, 2015
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Lawrence Okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel Matthew Denny matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Steve L says: Keep up the good work ethic and things will fall in...
- Jackson says: He came back clean after this two years ban. If the...
- Thrower says: Just wondering why throwholics is posting for athletes that have failed...
- Florian van Dijck says: Theses are good thoughts. We will see what is going to...
- Bonny says: I am surprised that someone could actually defeat Sandra Perkovic. Denia...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets