National coach Sven Lang makes no secret that the goal of his shot put training group are two world titles in Beijing. David Storl and European Champion Christina Schwanitz are, despite the high physical loads, looking forward to Beijing with clear goals. Within the video at the end David Storl’s 21.94m toss can be seen, […]
Serbian shot putter Asmir Kolašinac ompeted as a guest at the Serbian U20 National Championships. He increased his personal best of 20,90m (68′ 7″) with a massive toss, breaking the 21m barrier for the first time, all the way to 21,58m (70′ 9¾”). Serbian national shot putter Asmir Kolašinac won the guest shot put competition in Belgrade with a new […]
Chilean athlete Odette Palma has been living in Shrewsbury for three weeks while visiting her boyfriend’s family. The popular 32-year-old recently qualified for next month’s Pan-American Games – America’s version of the European Championships – in Canada and Palma. She’s been training rigorously at Shrewsbury Athletics Club to keep her skills sharp during her stay, Palma […]
On his sixth and last attempt, Ryohei Arai got off the kind of throw he has long been aiming for in an injury-plagued season. Arai broke the meet record in the men’s javelin with a toss of 84.13 meters on the final day of the Japan championships at Denka Big Swan Stadium on Sunday, giving […]
The USATF Outdoor Championships shot put event has just ended minutes ago. It looks like it that Joe Kovacs, Christian Cantwell, Jordan Clarke and Reese Hoffa will be traveling to Beijing to fight for the shot put medals at the World Championships. At todays USATF Outdoor Championships the tickets for the upcoming World Championships will […]
At the USA Junior Championships produced some excellent throws in the shot put ring, especially from John Maurins. While short lived, Maurins took the world lead with the 6kg ball. His 21,90m (71′ 10¼”) and surpassed the Polish shot putter Konrad Bukowiecki (who took the lead back the next day). His coach, Zebulon Sion shared with Throwholics: “John has had an excellent season […]
As already anounced earlier today, Konrad Bukowiecki at 69th Polish Junior Championships, Konrad Bukowiecki competed at the 69th Polish Junior Championships. Konrad Bukowiecki did not break the European (22.73m/74′ 7″) nor the World Record (23.00m/75′ 5½”) but he smashed the previous Polish record to 22.21m (72′ 10½”) during the qualification. Besides the Polish record he takes […]
The BAUHAUS Junior Gala is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, U20 Junior athletics competition in the world. The past years this competition was used to check upon the performance and shape of the young athletes before nominating them for U20 European oder World Championships. This years edition underlined once again the great […]
- Sven Lang: Mission two world titles (Storl and Schwanitz) June 30, 2015
- Asmir Kolašinac’s new PB of 21.58m (70′ 9¾”) puts him 4th in the world (w/video) June 29, 2015
- Hammer time for a Chilean in Shrewsbury June 29, 2015
- Arai moves back into global javelin picture June 29, 2015
- Kovacs, Cantwell, Clarke and Hoffa selected for Beijing! June 28, 2015
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz christoph harting daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna world championships World Record
- The IAAF says: Get out of our stadiums! By the way, you have...
- koshinder singh says: Congrats very very
- Cees Horstman says: In reaction on the publication concerning the new carbon javelin from...
- Norm Zÿlstra says: Poor form. Throwing out accusations and insults "Anonymous". If would venture...
- says: Ehi, what's happening here ? As soon as the customary bunch...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets