The Sainsbury’s British Championships took place at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham, the United Kingdom from the 3rd – 5th of July. The best result was achieved by Sophie Hitchon who threw 71.10m to win the women hammer competition. Brett Morse won the men’s discus event with 58.83m The Sainsbury’s British Championships did not bring too many good […]
The Canadian Track & Field Championships took place at the Foote Field in Edmonton from 2nd till 5th of July. The best throwing performance was achieved by Sultana Frizell who heaved the 4kg hammer beyond the 70m and showed a great consistency throughout the entire competition. Liz Gleadle won the women javelin competition with 59.83m and […]
It was a historic success for Christina Schwanitz: For the first time in her career she defeated the reigning world and Olympic champion Valerie Adams. For the New Zealander thus ended in Paris a huge series of 56 consecutive wins. For ten years, Christina Schwanitz had to wait for this moment. And for the rest […]
Yesterday the North Rhine-Westphalia Hammer Throwing Cup took place at the Besagroup stadium in Rhede, Germany. The Qatari Ashraf Amgad Elseify threw the 7kg hammer 78.04m (256′ 0″) to achieve a new personal best which ranks him 8th in the 2015 world top list. The men’s hammer competition was the main event of the North […]
Jessica Ennis Hill has said that she is lacking consistency in the javelin after failing to medal in the final at the British Athletics Championships in Birmingham on Sunday. The 29-year-old, who won bronze in the 100m hurdles yesterday, could only muster a best throw of 39.84 metres, which left her 12th in the field. After […]
Martin Marković is an exceptional thrower from Croatia. Couple of weeks ago Throwholics already announced his new world leading throw of 67.47m. A few days ago at the National Junior Championships in Varaždin, Croatia, Martin further improved his world leading mark with another personal best of 68.48m. The National Junior Championships in Croatia were quite promising for the […]
At today’s Diamond League meeting in Paris, France, Piotr Malachowski took home full points in the men’s discus event. Olympic Champion Barbora Spotakova won the women’s javelin event and also took full points. Piotr finished with 65.57m during his last attempt and Barbora with 64.42m. The men’s discus event was not what everyone expected it […]
Today’s Diamond League meeting in Paris was a clash of titans in the shot put. The current Olympic and World Champion Valerie Adams lost against German shot put star Christina Schwanitz. Schwanitz’s best toss was 20,31m and ended Adams’ winning streak of 56 victories in a row. Since August 18, 2010, shot put Olympic and World Champion Val […]
- Sophie Hitchon takes gold at British Championships with 71.10m (233′ 3″) July 5, 2015
- Sultana Frizell winning with ease national championships 70.97m (232′ 10″) July 5, 2015
- Christina Schwanitz and the great coup of Paris July 5, 2015
- Ashraf Amgad Elseify ranks 8th in the world with new PB 78.04m (256′ 0″) July 5, 2015
- Jessica Ennis “consistency” Is Lacking. July 5, 2015
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz christoph harting daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna world championships World Record
- David Smith says: Athletes go to David Parker when they are at university, someone...
- The IAAF says: Get out of our stadiums! By the way, you have...
- koshinder singh says: Congrats very very
- Cees Horstman says: In reaction on the publication concerning the new carbon javelin from...
- Norm Zÿlstra says: Poor form. Throwing out accusations and insults "Anonymous". If would venture...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets