The IAAF has released the 2016 Rio Qualifying Standards. While hitting the mark allows you to enter–sadly there still are some Federations that will not send all the qualified athletes to make sure all their administrators and friends get a free trip to Brazil. Let us know if you know or can find the pre-2000 standards. […]
I train at the Millenium Institute Auckland and I coach a group of about 15 athletes. Most of them are under 20 and they cover all the throwing events with a majority of them having hammer as main event. It is some sort of a throws high level development training center. There is basically not […]
Who do you coach? I coach Seema Antil Punia from India and Rutger Smith from the Nederlands. Both are discus throwers but Rutger has thrown the shot put up until this year. Where do you train? We train in Southern California in Newport Beach and also in Irvine. What is the core of your off […]
Haley Crouser via Facebook Apr 04, 2015 Just wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to transfer from the University of Oregon. It was a very tough decision because I’ll miss all of my friends and teammates so much but in the end I have to do what’s best for me. Oregon was […]
Norm “Finder of the Wallet!” Zijlstra, I’ve added Bowling to my Off-Season training. Some of the same principles as Throwing … pendulum swing, gravity swing, balance, timing, rhythm, slow to fast, throw for a target, keep it in the sector (on the lane), like Javelin run-up, 1-2, 1,2,3 rhythm. It’s been so successful I no longer […]
Off season training plan/philosophy – 11 Tennessee throwers – Women – Cassie Wertman (Jr.) – Shot – 17.26m, Disc – 50.64m Maria Jimenez(Soph) – Javelin – 49.04m Danielle Holdren(FR) – Disc – 40m, shot – 11m Men – Tavis Bailey(Sr) – Shot -19.26m, Disc – 64.51m, Weight – 20.51m Matt Hoty(Sr) – Shot – 19.12m […]
Who do you coach? In addition to working with Tom Walsh, I also coach a young javelin thrower, Hayden Hall. He’s just switched to javelin after being focused on discus, which is a unique and exciting challenge. Where does your group train? We have a nice High Performance facility in Christchurch, New Zealand. It has everything […]
Throwholics did a follow up interview with the Thomas Schmitt after his great performance. He improved his personal best by 2.28m to 21.35m (70′ 1/2″) as already mentioned in our latest article “Dream toss by Thomas Schmitt improving his PB by over 2m“ It seems to be the competition of your lifetime. Improving your lifetime best […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer julian wruck kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships World Record
- transplatacija kose says: Hair Transplant Cost In Pakistan are not that high, which is...
- Jason Bender says: Nicely put. Hope you throw far!!
- Edvard Harnes says: Thomas also made some remarks on me having special methods, ok...
- Florian van Dijck says: Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why i made that...
- says: Do you mean 7.26 kilo shot? Not pound?
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! April 18, 2015Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) April 17, 2015youtube.com/watch?v=EqTFIVG8zrk This is from my meet last week I'm still working out a lot of things after being out for so long. My main issues right now are popping up out of the back and not having wide right leg out of the back. If there is…moor
- The Cost to Punch Your Ticket to Rio April 15, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “The IAAF has released the 2016 Rio Qualifying Standards. While hitting the mark allows you to enter there still are some Federations that will not send all the qualified athletes to make sure all their administrators and…Throwholics Bot
- Throwholics Special: 2015 Off-Season Coaching Talks April 12, 2015Quote from Throwholics News: “Who and where do you coach? I coach at Esperanza High School in Anaheim, California. We’re an average sized high school in Orange County, Ca. We have had eight sixty foot shot putters, seven 180+ discus throwers ( 2 over…Throwholics Bot
- Javelin Star Crouser leaving Ducks Squad April 5, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “Dean Crouser via Facebook Apr 04, 2015 Just a quick note to let everyone know that Haley [Crouser] has left the University of Oregon. Everyone on all sides tried their best and worked their hardest, it simply didn’t work out.…Throwholics Bot
- Holy Crap! D3 Thrower throws javelin 75.89 (249' 0") March 31, 2015A sophomore from Colby College by the name of Andy Fullerton,who has never thrown a javelin in college according to TFRRS, uncorks a huge throw. Number one in all of D3 as well as a new D3 national record to beat the D3 record of 75.55 by Tim VanLiew of…Christian Pavlovich
- STC | technique analysis (video) March 29, 2015Looking for some feedback on my technique. Throwing after taking two years off so there is still a ton of rust. Personal best is 60.81m in 2011. Furthest this season so far is 59.14m. Here's a link to the video of the throw: Apr 12 2014 - 11:35 AM -…Christian Pavlovich
- Christian Pavlovich: Javelin Analysis March 29, 2015Hello all! I am a freshman collegiate javelin thrower who is looking for any pointers anyone can give. This throw I am posting a video to is a 57.10 Meter throw or 187 Feet 4 Inches. It is my official PR although I've thrown over 59 meters in…Christian Pavlovich
- Weebly is great March 29, 2015I love technology. I am a throws coach and have recently been trying to market myself for individual sessions and coach some of the local talent to be better both in the weight room and in the circle. I did get my degree in Computer Science and I…anguswfisher
- Dream toss by Thomas Schmitt improving his PB by over 2m March 26, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “With an immense improvement shot putter Thomas Schmitt is pressing ahead in the national top list. In Ubach-Palenberg near Aachen, the 26-year-old catapulted the 7.26-pound iron ball to 21.35 m – the eight best performance of…Odysseus
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! April 18, 2015
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets