In an recent article, Throwholics wrote about the German discus battle in Halle (Battle for the top Women German discus throwers). Nadine Müller, Shanice Craft and Julia Fischer have already confirmed to compete in Halle. Anna Rüh, the fourth of the incredible discus quartet, now also announced to compete at the biggest throwing competition in the […]
For the three-time world champion Robert Harting a possible comeback is still far in the future. “The training is primarily a rehabilitation training and no competition training ,” said the 30 year old Berliner in an interview with the magazine “Athletics” about seven months after his cruciate ligament injury. “I still do have some problems that […]
The javelin did not stop to fly: On July 20th, 1984 Uwe Hohn threw the 800 gram implement to 104.80m in Berlin, Germany. It was the farthest throw the athletic history has seen and it will (probably) remain forever. Because the new javelin with modified flight characteristics would have been introduced even without the new […]
To choose the correct discus for your athletes, it’s important to understand the physical properties that make objects fly. It’s time to figure out what equipment to order for the upcoming track season. You know you need a new discus, so you sit down at your desk and pull out your equipment catalog to the […]
The women discus throw event is especially interesting from a German perspective. Nadine Müller who was leading the top list last year is among the list of competitiors, same as Julia Fischer and Shanice Craft. Last year Nadine threw her season best of 67.30m at the world class throwing event in Halle but unfortunately had […]
The IAAF has released the 2016 Rio Qualifying Standards. While hitting the mark allows you to enter–sadly there still are some Federations that will not send all the qualified athletes to make sure all their administrators and friends get a free trip to Brazil. Let us know if you know or can find the pre-2000 standards. […]
I train at the Millenium Institute Auckland and I coach a group of about 15 athletes. Most of them are under 20 and they cover all the throwing events with a majority of them having hammer as main event. It is some sort of a throws high level development training center. There is basically not […]
Who do you coach? I coach Seema Antil Punia from India and Rutger Smith from the Nederlands. Both are discus throwers but Rutger has thrown the shot put up until this year. Where do you train? We train in Southern California in Newport Beach and also in Irvine. What is the core of your off […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer julian wruck kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships World Record
- Florian van Dijck says: It is a translated article from https://www.facebook.com/werfertage/posts/320568321476446 Additionally, Anna did not comfirm...
- Me says: So Anna Rüh isn't even worth mentioning in an article about...
- Jason Bender says: Nicely put. Hope you throw far!!
- Edvard Harnes says: Thomas also made some remarks on me having special methods, ok...
- Florian van Dijck says: Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why i made that...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets