Darrell “The Governor” Hill (born 17 August) is a shot putter from the United States. In 2015 Hill was NCAA (U23) runner-up this past year with a 20,78m (68′ 2¼”) and finished 6th at the USA Championships at 20.80m (68′ 3″). Hill began throwing at the end of 2009 season when his school’s (Penn Wood High School) track & field coach […]
Tagged: shot put
Tomas Walsh (born 1 March 1992) is a shot putter from New Zealand . His personal best of 21.50m (70′ 6″) is the National and Oceanian record. He was the bronze medallist at the 2014 World Indoor Championships and the silver medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Season bests: 2008 … est 16.50m () 5 kg 2009 […]
Couple of months ago Throwholics elaborated on the “fact” that David Storl is going to try to throw the discus again. (New Rivalry: Shot Put World Champion Storl tries discus again). Now its time for Robert Harting to turn around and take the 7.26kg ball to make some noise as he does with the discus. […]
You feel good. You’ve just finished a great warm-up and you’re ready to begin your training session. You pick up the implement for the first throw, expecting a big distance. Then it happens. Your technique feels way off and the distance is terrible. You’ve started the session negatively and you don’t see how things will […]
From Ryan Whiting regarding his scratched status for the USA Championships: Hey Norm, I had surgery on May 23rd to remove an abscess/ cyst from above my tailbone that developed while I was in Shanghai [May 18]. The incision has been healing for the last month and is almost healed. I am hungry for competition […]
World champion David Storl stepped onto the 7′ stage for a three act play, Aufstieg und Fall des 21m, in three days with one main goal, abuse the 21m (68′ 10″) line… and abuse he did. Act 1: Thursday saw Storl take the Düsseldorf stage with Tomasz Majweski and came away with the win with a useful 21,10m (69′ 2″) […]
The reigning Shot Put World Champion David Storl had his first competition of 2014. Today David was able to toss the ball to 20,37m (66 feet 9″) which secured him the first place at the competition in Gammertingen, Germany. This morning David Storl announced on his Facebook Page “David Storl” that he is on his way […]
Raven Saunders Shakes-Up the States moves to 4th in the world coming into 2014 After watching her 2013 season best of 12,01m (39′ 5”) falling well short of her 12,92m (42′ 5”) from 2012, South Carolinian Raven Saunders (USA) decided some changes needed to be made, and made they were. The reason behind the drop, Saunders simply states, “ […]
- Podcast with Darrell Hill by Tom FitzSimons September 12, 2017
- IAAF World Championships 2017 DAY 1 Round up. August 5, 2017
- A new rule proposed by the IAAF World records set before 2005 to be made un-official! May 6, 2017
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Natayah says: Thank u this is a really good strategy for me I...
- John says: Hey guys, a little off topic - does anyone know Zelezny's...
- Alan Stocker says: Could you e.mail me a contact for a elite coach for...
- Juan Kis says: I cannot find the other 9 articles ? And this...
- Thrower says: 87%****^^^^
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets