The meeting in Osterode was once again a one with some great results. First of all the 22-year old German discus thrower Daniel Jasinski improved his personal best from 62,97m which he threw in Wiesbaden in May to 64,37m! His overall performance during the whole competition was impressive. He started with his new personal best […]
Tagged: samsung diamond league
Reese Hoffa (USA) won the competition with his new season´s best of 21.81m. It sets him the 1st in the world top list this year. Hoffa´s previous season´s best was 21.73m since 18 April. Hoffa was impressively consistent today with throws of 21,40m, 21,81m, 21,37m, 21,72m, 21,69m, X. The competition behind Hoffa was also interesting. […]
Joy and sorrow were close together for the Frankfurt hammer throwers on Friday. World record holder Betty Heidler won on the first day of the Diamond League Meeting in Eugene (USA) with 75.93 meters and continuing her winning streak. Her club colleague Kathrin Klaas experienced a very painful day of competition and caused a shock […]
The text below is a post written by Kathrin Klaas and signed by many major hammer throwers. …but still not part of the Diamond League. Since the exclusion of the hammer throw from the world’s most important competition series our discipline has become ostracised to the point of complete exclusion. A replacement series for the […]
Today, September 8, another leg of the Samsung Diamond League will take place in Zürich, a beautiful city in Switzerland. Throwholics will put its focus to bring you the live results from the Men´s Discus Throw. Startlist includes two time World Champion Robert Harting, of Germany, the reigning Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter (EST), the reigning […]
Lithuanian discus legend Virgilijus Alekna won the Samsung Diamond League meet held today in London. The 2 meters tall giant with numerous records and titles threw 66.71m in his fourth attempt which placed him first ahead of the world leader(69.50m) Zoltan Kovago (HUN) who was struggling in opening rounds and barely got three more attempts. […]
Virgilijus Alekna of Lithuania, the double Olympic and World champion with a lifetime best of 73.88m, which puts him into the second place in the world´s all-time list, won at the Samsung Diamond League competition held in Stockholm under the name of DN Galan 2011. Remarkable is that all the best discus throwers, except the […]
11th leg of the Samsung Diamond League will be held today in Stockholm. Throwholics will have a live coverage from the men´s discus and javelin. View timetable! Startlists are strong so don´t miss the competition. Live results will appear HERE!
- Indoor Shotput Worldchampion Tom Walsh! March 3, 2018
- UPDATE!: Davinder Singh Kang Prrovisionally suspended for testing positive to Steroids. February 28, 2018
- Johannes Vetter 91.22m Javelin throw! – World Leading throw! and its only February! February 28, 2018
- Top Javelin FAILED dope test / forcing them to pulled out! / The Indian Grand Prix. February 27, 2018
- Kathryn Mitchell breaks women’s javelin record 67.58! February 11, 2018
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
- Throwholics Luke says: We have since changed the image, and apologies for any destressed...
- Werner Daniels says: That is not serious. To write about doping and to show...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets