A few nights ago while watching the Sochi Olympic Games, I had an epiphany. I had competed in one of these fantastic spectacles! It wasn’t on ice or snow, but wow, I…did…that (#IDIDTHAT). The 2012 games in London represented the 16th year that I had thrown a discus! I remember thinking during the Olympic training […]
Tagged: london 2012
Russia´s Tatyana Lysenko won the women´s hammer throw final with the new Olympic record of 78.18m. The former WR holder Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland followed him with her season´s best 77.60m. Amazingly huge errors could happen even in such competitions as Olympic Games. After the WR holder Betty Heidler threw a way over 75m line […]
That was an amazing discus battle what we have seen tonight. World champion, European champion, Olympic champion, and all within 365 days: Robert Harting takes gold with 68,27m, Ehsan Hadadi silver 68,18m and Gerd Kanter 68,03 SB wins bronze! The 2012 Olympic Discus Final was one of the best ones in Olympic History! All medalists […]
Moldavian Hammer Thrower Marina Marghieva has been cancelled from the Olympic team of Moldova after a positive doping sample. This was announced by the Head of the National Olympic Committee, Nikolai Zhuravsky. A statement from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is still pending. In addition to Marghieva, the discus thrower Natalia Artyk has been tested […]
The Polish Shot Putter Tomasz Majewski took Gold with 21,89m! David Storl became second with his new personal best of 21,86m and the american Reese Hoffa takes bronce with 21,23m. All in all this Shot Put Final was an epic battle! The promising Americans couldn’t show their best performances during the whole final. The first […]
London 2012 – Athletics, Day 1 Men´s shot put qualification ended up with Reese Hoffa´s win with 21.36m. Probably the most nerve racking experience went to Canadian team when Dylan Armstrong qualified with his final attempt of 20.49m. David Storl qualified with 21.15m and Tomasz Majewski followed him with 21.03m. The interesting fact is that […]
Today the 8th Schönebecker Solecup was held in Schönebeck, Germany. Martin Wierig competed against his German fellow throwers Markus Münch, Daniel Jasinski, Christoph Harting and Gordon Wolf. He launched a personal best in the second round with 68,33m. Martin Wierig launched with his first attempt already a new PB of 67,66m which would ranked him […]
Zoltan Kovago became the second Hungarian discus thrower to be kicked out of the Olympics on Thursday after he refused to undergo a drugs test, the country’s athletics federation said. Kogavo, who was a silver medallist at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, refused to provide a test sample, a move deemed as a positive test […]
- Indoor Shotput Worldchampion Tom Walsh! March 3, 2018
- UPDATE!: Davinder Singh Kang Prrovisionally suspended for testing positive to Steroids. February 28, 2018
- Johannes Vetter 91.22m Javelin throw! – World Leading throw! and its only February! February 28, 2018
- Top Javelin FAILED dope test / forcing them to pulled out! / The Indian Grand Prix. February 27, 2018
- Kathryn Mitchell breaks women’s javelin record 67.58! February 11, 2018
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
- Throwholics Luke says: We have since changed the image, and apologies for any destressed...
- Werner Daniels says: That is not serious. To write about doping and to show...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets