Legendary javelin thrower Seppo Räty recalled his performance at Finnkampen (a dual between Finland-Sweden, also known as Swerigekampen) where he was drunk during the competition and gulped more between attempts. “Finnish javeliners didn´t focus on match with Swedes, we took it with humor,” Räty reminded. The last time a Swedish thrower won the competition was […]
Tagged: javelin throw
ISTAF 2013, Berlin, 1. Seotember Germany star Robert Harting won the men’s discus with 69.02m (226′ 5″), close to his 2013 best of 69.91m (229′ 4″). Compatriot Martin Wierig completed a German 1-2 with his 66.73m. His best this year stands on 67.46m. Robert Urbanek (POL) was third with 64.97m. The most satisfying fact for him is probably […]
After a serious injury in her Achilles tendon, Mercedes Chilla, Spain’s javelin recordholder, is back to competition. After eleven months away from the runway, she come back in Valencia on April 27th with a best throw of 53m (173′ 10″); but last weekend, in her second competition this season she threw 58,06m (190′ 5″) on […]
Ashton Eaton broke another of his single event records yesterday. This time it was a shot put which he improved by 62cm – 15.40. Two weeks ago he set a new record in javelin, 66.64. It was almost 5 meters better than his previous best.
A 75-year old experienced athletics official died in hospital after being speared through the throat by a javelin at an athletics meet in the German city of Dusseldorf. The official at the city’s Wilhelm Unger Games for young athletes went to measure a javelin throw, but was hit by the javelin as it landed, according […]
The former world javelin champion Tero Pitkamäki won the Diamond League meet held in Stockholm. After a disappointing 5th place finish in London he took the end of his career under consideration. His winning throw was now measured beyond 85 meters – 86.98m. A throw that would have granted him the brightest award in London. […]
19-yrs old Keshorn Walcott who became the youngest ever winner of the Olympic javelin title expressed his desire to throw over 90 meters in couple of years. “I must work on my technique a lot. In next couple of years I get stronger and hopefully manage to throw over 90 meters,” Walcott said. Walcott, also […]
Finally the entry lists for the London Olympic Games are out! As a service for all our fans Throwholics cut the official list down to the throwing events. The final list of all THROWING EVENTS If you like to check the official list for the other events please visit this post HERE
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- Its that time again! + Message August 5, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- jameilia jones says: when u say shop at the right time do u mean...
- gabe says: if i throw 2kg discus how light shlould the discus be...
- The 2016 Summer Olympics Will Be The Gayest In History says: […] Minderhoud (Netherlands, equestrian) Ian Matos (Brazil, diving) Angel McCoughtry (USA,...
- itunes codes free says: very good knowledge you guys have at this point...
- pixelgun3dhack.cheatshack.website says: nice site you got at this time how you're thoughts on...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets