August 04 2017 saw the first day of the IAAF 2017 world championships taking place in the Olympic stadium in London, and the field events where off to a flying start with the Men’s Discus qualification round with Piotr Malachowski , Robert Harting, Daniel Stahl & Gerd Kanter in the spotlight to not only go […]
Tagged: Gerd Kanter
There was a competition held in Tallinn, Estonia today and the start list for the men’s discus event was quite impressive. The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter threw 65.08m in his last attempt which was enough for the first place. Fedrick Dacres from Jamaica followed on the 2nd spot on the podium with 63.91m. Martin Kupper completed […]
Today, the Estonian Championships were held in Tallinn, Estonia and the Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter underlined his shape with a best effort of 63.75m. His victory was the 11th at the national championships so far. Martin Kupper placed second with a best attempt of 62.13m and Märt Israel 3rd with 60.01m Gerd Kanter 63.75m […]
At the “Festiwal Rzutów Kamili Skolimowskiej” Piotr Malachowski smashed the WL with 68.29m. Piotr Malachowski underlined once again his ambition to win the gold medal at the world championships in Beijing. Gerd Kanter placed 2nd with 64.08m and Robert Urbanek 3rd with 63.93m. Currently, there is almost no one who beats Piotr Malachowski. In most […]
The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter has finally surpassed the qualification standard for the upcoming world championships in Beijing, China. Throwholics was told that Kanter originally wanted to compete at the IAAF Diamond League meeting in London. The organizers did not want him to compete due to his rather “weak” competitions. Quite angry and really unhappy […]
Yesterday, the 40th Valter Kalam Memorial competition took place in Viljandi, Estonia. The 2008 Olympic gold medalist, Gerd Kanter, won the competition with 63.85m. The Swedish discus thrower Daniel Stahl placed 2nd with 62.76m and Martin Kupper, from Estonia, 3rd with 60.17m The competition did not start as planned for the former Olympic Champion. He […]
Hello everyone, after the article about Kanter joining the 300er club for throwing 300 times over 60m Throwholics was asked if they would know how many throwers have thrown above 70m up till now. The list of the 70m throwers: Thrower Competitions over 70m? Virgilijus Alekna 20 Gerd Kanter 14 Mac Wilkins 10 Imrich Bugár, […]
According to European Athletics it is a great week for Gerd Kanter. Currently, the European Athletics U23 Championships are in Tallinn, Estonia which is also the homeground for one of the best discus throwers of all time. On Tuesday Kanter joined the elite club of throwers who have thrown 300 times over 60m. In the throwing […]
- Indoor Shotput Worldchampion Tom Walsh! March 3, 2018
- UPDATE!: Davinder Singh Kang Prrovisionally suspended for testing positive to Steroids. February 28, 2018
- Johannes Vetter 91.22m Javelin throw! – World Leading throw! and its only February! February 28, 2018
- Top Javelin FAILED dope test / forcing them to pulled out! / The Indian Grand Prix. February 27, 2018
- Kathryn Mitchell breaks women’s javelin record 67.58! February 11, 2018
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
- Throwholics Luke says: We have since changed the image, and apologies for any destressed...
- Werner Daniels says: That is not serious. To write about doping and to show...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets