There was a competition held in Tallinn, Estonia today and the start list for the men’s discus event was quite impressive. The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter threw 65.08m in his last attempt which was enough for the first place. Fedrick Dacres from Jamaica followed on the 2nd spot on the podium with 63.91m. Martin Kupper completed […]
Tagged: Gerd Kanter
Today, the Estonian Championships were held in Tallinn, Estonia and the Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter underlined his shape with a best effort of 63.75m. His victory was the 11th at the national championships so far. Martin Kupper placed second with a best attempt of 62.13m and Märt Israel 3rd with 60.01m Gerd Kanter 63.75m […]
At the “Festiwal Rzutów Kamili Skolimowskiej” Piotr Malachowski smashed the WL with 68.29m. Piotr Malachowski underlined once again his ambition to win the gold medal at the world championships in Beijing. Gerd Kanter placed 2nd with 64.08m and Robert Urbanek 3rd with 63.93m. Currently, there is almost no one who beats Piotr Malachowski. In most […]
The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter has finally surpassed the qualification standard for the upcoming world championships in Beijing, China. Throwholics was told that Kanter originally wanted to compete at the IAAF Diamond League meeting in London. The organizers did not want him to compete due to his rather “weak” competitions. Quite angry and really unhappy […]
Yesterday, the 40th Valter Kalam Memorial competition took place in Viljandi, Estonia. The 2008 Olympic gold medalist, Gerd Kanter, won the competition with 63.85m. The Swedish discus thrower Daniel Stahl placed 2nd with 62.76m and Martin Kupper, from Estonia, 3rd with 60.17m The competition did not start as planned for the former Olympic Champion. He […]
Hello everyone, after the article about Kanter joining the 300er club for throwing 300 times over 60m Throwholics was asked if they would know how many throwers have thrown above 70m up till now. The list of the 70m throwers: Thrower Competitions over 70m? Virgilijus Alekna 20 Gerd Kanter 14 Mac Wilkins 10 Imrich Bugár, […]
According to European Athletics it is a great week for Gerd Kanter. Currently, the European Athletics U23 Championships are in Tallinn, Estonia which is also the homeground for one of the best discus throwers of all time. On Tuesday Kanter joined the elite club of throwers who have thrown 300 times over 60m. In the throwing […]
Throwholics wrote already about the great results in the men and women hammer event at today’s Gyulai Memorial – Hungarian Athletics Grand Prix. Pawel Fajdek won the hammer competition with 83.12m and Anita Wlodarczyk won the women hammer event with 75.48m. Next to the hammer events two more throwing events took place. Piotr Malachowski won the […]
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- Its that time again! + Message August 5, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- gabe says: if i throw 2kg discus how light shlould the discus be...
- The 2016 Summer Olympics Will Be The Gayest In History says: […] Minderhoud (Netherlands, equestrian) Ian Matos (Brazil, diving) Angel McCoughtry (USA,...
- itunes codes free says: very good knowledge you guys have at this point...
- pixelgun3dhack.cheatshack.website says: nice site you got at this time how you're thoughts on...
- poo says: F∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆K
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets