Aled Sion Davies is “devastated” that he will not be able to defend his Paralympic F42 discus title after the event was cut from the Rio 2016 Games.The Welshman is also the world and European champion and record holder. But the 24-year-old will now have to concentrate on the shot put. Davies tweeted: “[International Paralympic Committee] have […]
Jason Young (born 27 May, 1981) is an US American discus thrower who competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics, finishing 19th. This article stemmed from a response to question/ conversation with Norm Zylstra on facebook. I’m not competing this year at all. My career thus far has been cyclical when it comes to training preparation and […]
Couple of months ago Throwholics elaborated on the “fact” that David Storl is going to try to throw the discus again. (New Rivalry: Shot Put World Champion Storl tries discus again). Now its time for Robert Harting to turn around and take the 7.26kg ball to make some noise as he does with the discus. […]
You feel good. You’ve just finished a great warm-up and you’re ready to begin your training session. You pick up the implement for the first throw, expecting a big distance. Then it happens. Your technique feels way off and the distance is terrible. You’ve started the session negatively and you don’t see how things will […]
This past weekend in Chicago the Illinois Track (and Field) and Cross Country Coaches Association had their yearly clinic and Hall of Fame inductions. The keynote speaker (for us throwers anyways) was Mac Wilkins, 1976 & 84 Olympian in the Discus, winning the 1976 games, a 7-time U.S. National Champion in the Discus, 4-Time World […]
This story began quaintly enough as I set out to research the history and origin of the ‘South African’ discus drill, also known as the ‘step-and-turn’; I spoke with throwers around the world tracing it’s roots all the way to Pretoria and a 73-year-old man named Jakobus du Preez. He has been at the heart […]
Over the next ten days I will countdown what I believe to be the Top 10 innovations to the track and field throws events. More than anything I hope to spark a load of discussion and discourse so feel free to share your comments, thoughts and concerns as the series plays out. Thankfully I can […]
Ever since I was a little kid I loved Nike shoes. From soccer cleats to everyday shoes Nike was the first choice. When it came time for me to get my first pair of throwing shoes, naturally I went with Nike throwing shoes. Nike throwing shoes are probably the most popular throwing shoes on the […]
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- Its that time again! + Message August 5, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- gabe says: if i throw 2kg discus how light shlould the discus be...
- The 2016 Summer Olympics Will Be The Gayest In History says: […] Minderhoud (Netherlands, equestrian) Ian Matos (Brazil, diving) Angel McCoughtry (USA,...
- itunes codes free says: very good knowledge you guys have at this point...
- pixelgun3dhack.cheatshack.website says: nice site you got at this time how you're thoughts on...
- poo says: F∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆K
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets