In the following sequence of articles I will give you ten technical tips that will help you become a better discus thrower. I’ve written them as tips so they are simple and user friendly. Please remember, these tips are based on my experiences in track and field and shall not be understood as a fact or the only way to do […]
Tagged: discus throw
When it comes to throwing, the smallest things can have a big impact on distance. Recently in my own discus training I had first hand experience with this. I discovered a small trick that adds 5m on my 50m throw using the 1.5kg disc. Two weeks ago I had my first discus training session in […]
A few nights ago while watching the Sochi Olympic Games, I had an epiphany. I had competed in one of these fantastic spectacles! It wasn’t on ice or snow, but wow, I…did…that (#IDIDTHAT). The 2012 games in London represented the 16th year that I had thrown a discus! I remember thinking during the Olympic training […]
ISTAF 2013, Berlin, 1. Seotember Germany star Robert Harting won the men’s discus with 69.02m (226′ 5″), close to his 2013 best of 69.91m (229′ 4″). Compatriot Martin Wierig completed a German 1-2 with his 66.73m. His best this year stands on 67.46m. Robert Urbanek (POL) was third with 64.97m. The most satisfying fact for him is probably […]
Erik Cadée (NED) competed at Flame Games yesterday to take victory in front of his homecrowd. Decent 65.19m was enough to win over Robert Urbanek (POL) who threw 65.03m. Ehsan Hadadi was third with 64.27m.
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
From Throwholics Young Guns writing crew member Anthony Wilks Standing 6’3″ and weighing cut 240 pounds, Cullen Prena looks more like a well-seasoned collegian than a recent high school grad. Throwing at national track & field power East Kentwood High School’s dual ring stadium he proved he’ll be a match for his future NCAA competitors. […]
Throwholics is honored to provide you fans and students of the event an autobiographical article written by world class thrower and gentleman Julian Wruck. I threw a little bit when I was younger in a club called “little athletics” where kids are put into their age groups and do three or four random track & field events on […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Fred Brickner says: How much improvement can a 16-18m thrower expect with the tungsten...
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- free proxy says: Hello,I read your blog named "Aero GhostJav by Spearwerx! | Throwholics"...
- Clarkceaby says: How to invest in bitcoins in 2019 and receive passive income...
- link alternatif says: I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth ...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets