At the Schönebecker SoleCup 2015 Andreas Hofmann joined the German javelin trio who have already thrown the qualification standard for the upcoming World Championships in Beijing, China. He produced a massive throw of 83.27m and is very happy about it. Due to Thomas Röhler’s wildcard by winning the Diamond League race last year, Germany can […]
Tagged: Diamond League
This Wednesday I’m making my second trip to China in the past year. In 2014 I was in Beijing and this Wednesday I’ll be jetting off to Shanghai to compete against the German Christina Schwanitz, China’s World and Olympic medallist, Gong Lijiao, Commonwealth Games silver medallist, Clepatra Borel from Trinidad and Tobago and Yulia Leantsiuk […]
Quite some unexpected rumours made the rounds today. Allegedly Robert Harting would suffer from a cruciate ligament tear. After couple of hours after the rumour spread it turns out to be true. Unfortunately, Robert Harting confirmed his injury on his Facebook Page this afternoon. Due to this severe injury he will loose a couple of […]
Robert Harting won the Memorial van Damme Diamond League meeting in Brüssel last friday. Even though he won the competition he did not win the Diamond League Race. The Polish discus thrower Piotr Malachowski won the race by 2 points. But even without the crystal trophy in hand Harting enjoyed the trip back home. This […]
Most of the ones following Track & Field/Athletics know about the fact that Diamond League meeting organisers do not care for the hammer throwing event. They are still not part of the Diamond League and who knows if they ever will be. Throwholics strongly suggest to do everything possible to include the hammer throw and […]
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
Today at the New York Diamond League meeting Sandra Perkovic threw 68,48m (224′ 8″), which is not only a new world lead but also the meeting record. The previous meeting record was 63,97m held by Stephanie Brown-Trafton from May 2009. Sandra Perkovic, of Croatia, had won the discus at the opening Diamond League meeting in […]
Hammer thrower Kathrin Klaas will open her season this Sunday May 19th at the throwing meeting in Fränkisch-Crumbach. The following interview will cover her preparation for the season, why she still competes for LG Eintrach Frankfurt and what she thinks about her new training partner Markus Esser. Question: Kathrin, you have been in Split, Croatia […]
- 25,000 Throwers July 28, 2015
- German Men comment about their performance at German Championships July 27, 2015
- German Women comment about their performances at German Championships July 27, 2015
- David Storl sells 44 limited edition portrait July 27, 2015
- She Pays a Price for China and Beyond July 27, 2015
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Lawrence Okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel Matthew Denny matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Thrower says: Just wondering why throwholics is posting for athletes that have failed...
- Florian van Dijck says: Theses are good thoughts. We will see what is going to...
- Bonny says: I am surprised that someone could actually defeat Sandra Perkovic. Denia...
- Florian van Dijck says: It is 7.26kg, I'm "lazy" and always write 7kg ...
- Gregor says: He shots with 7kg or exactly 7,26?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets