He is one of the most successful German athletes in recent years. David Storl has collected in the junior and senior classes an international title after the next. Twice he was already world champion, this summer the 25-year-old wants to land the big coup also at the Olympic Games. With his best performance of the […]
Tagged: David Storl
Christine Schwanitz comes a little bit closer to her top form at a Schwarzwald meeting. David Storl fails at the 21-meter mark. Shot put world champion Christina Schwanitz has shown improving form before the Rio Olympics in nearly two months. The 30-year-old came on Sunday at Black Forest meeting in Schapbach to 19.41 m and improved […]
At yesterday’s Oslo Diamond League meet a young putter from Poland, Konrad Bukowiecki, was leading the competition until Joe Kovacs (USA) reminded everyone who’s the top-cock in the hen house by dropping a massive 22,01m (72′ 2½”) bomb. At his Diamond League debut Konrad took 2nd place and cracked his U20 world junior record with a 21,14m (69′ 4¼”). I must admit, my […]
The second appearance of the year, Olympic standard checked: David Storl competed on Tuesday at a meeting in Osterode and let the 7kg ball hit the other side of 21 meters. Also, discipline colleague Sara Gambetta filed for claims in Rio. In 2009 he broke in Osterode the U20 world record, now David Storl returned […]
The German Championships have just finished and leichtathletik.de talked to the athletes after their competitions. The throwing comments are below: Thomas Röhler: Javelin I had something to defend. That is a lot to do. There were extreme wind conditions. Everything could have happened. During the warm up we said: We can play a bit of […]
The men’s shot put event of the German championships are over. The shot put star and double world champion David Storl won the competition with 21.47m. Tobias Dahm placed 2nd with a new season best of 19.83m and Bod Göder 3rd with 19.02m As already announced during the German Championships preview, there was no one […]
The German championships are up this weekend and we are providing you with a preview on the men’s throwing events. The biggest name competing at the German championships is the double world champion David Storl. Men’s shot put: There is no one in the men’s shot put event who can keep up with the double […]
The “Gothaer Schloss-Meeting” is a well known shot put event in Germany. The former German shot putter Andy Dittmar is the one organizing this great event. The men’s shot put competition just finished with a new meeting record of 21.68m by David Storl. Tobias Dahm followed with 19.74m to become second and Christian Jagusch 3rd with 19.48m. Throwholics […]
- A new rule proposed by the IAAF World records set before 2005 to be made un-official! May 6, 2017
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- John says: Hey guys, a little off topic - does anyone know Zelezny's...
- Alan Stocker says: Could you e.mail me a contact for a elite coach for...
- Juan Kis says: I cannot find the other 9 articles ? And this...
- Thrower says: 87%****^^^^
- Thrower says: I throw between 100-115. I havent learned the spin yet and...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets