The German Championships are around the corner. This weekend the tickets for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro will be battled for. The following will be a preview for the women’s throwing event. Shot Put: Christina Schwanitz is looking forward to her fourth consecutive title. Schwanitz is not just looking for the victory because none […]
Tagged: Christina Obergföll
At this year’s German Championships there are more important things to consider than the gold, silver or bronze medal. The Olympic Games in Rio outshine the title fights in Kassel this weekend. And in some disciplines is the national title far worth more than gold. After all, who has managed the Olympic standard and wins […]
Johannes Vetter is fired up for the javelin – and moved his residence to a city near the national coach Boris Henry. Among the privileges of youth, one can be hooked for topics, for deeds, for dreams. While older people usually weigh very carefully pros and cons of their actions and then often choose the […]
The women’s javelin event at the IAAF Diamond League meeting in Rome was not showing any spectacular results. The South African Sunette Viljoen took the victory with 61.95m, followed by Madara Palameika 61.92m, Christin Hussong 61.21m, and Christina Obergföll 59.98m. Usually, the women’s javelin produces massive results with such an impressive field of throwers on […]
Christina Obergföll (born 22 August 1981) is a German javelin thrower who won the gold medal at the 2013 World Championships in Moscow. At the 2005 World Championships in Athletics Obergföll won the silver medal with a European record (70.03m/ 229′ 9″) by finishing second behind Osleidys Menéndez, who set a new world record at the same […]
The German Championships have just finished and leichtathletik.de talked to the athletes after their competitions. The throwing comments are below: Christina Schwanitz: Shot Put The stadium was full and the crowd was clapping for me but not so for the other girls… I think this is not good. It was a qualification for the world […]
The women’s javelin event has just finished as well. Katharina Molitor seems to be in top form at the moment. She won the German championships with a solid 65.40m. Christina Obergföll threw a new season best of 64.11m to become 2nd and Linda Stahl 62.57m for the 3rd place. Christina Hussong, the fourth of the […]
As the defending world champion one does not have to qualify for the World Championships in Beijing. But Christina Obergföll, despite being the defending champion considers not doing the upcoming world championships in Beijing. This weekend, Christina will decide based on her result at the German national championships if she is going to compete or […]
- Indoor Shotput Worldchampion Tom Walsh! March 3, 2018
- UPDATE!: Davinder Singh Kang Prrovisionally suspended for testing positive to Steroids. February 28, 2018
- Johannes Vetter 91.22m Javelin throw! – World Leading throw! and its only February! February 28, 2018
- Top Javelin FAILED dope test / forcing them to pulled out! / The Indian Grand Prix. February 27, 2018
- Kathryn Mitchell breaks women’s javelin record 67.58! February 11, 2018
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
- Throwholics Luke says: We have since changed the image, and apologies for any destressed...
- Werner Daniels says: That is not serious. To write about doping and to show...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets