Andreas Thorkildsen is one of the best javelin throwers ever. A hip injury forced the two-time Olympic champion now to act. Two-time javelin Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen (34) has ended his career. “It was a fun trip. Thanks for all the support I have received over the years,” the Norwegian wrote on Instagram. Thorkildsen won […]
Tagged: Andreas Thorkildsen
Hi there throwers I wrote my last post for Throwholics back in September “Walsh reflects on breakthrough season” and since then like all throwers I spent a lot of time reflecting on the past season and what I need to do to improve, as well as recovering from injury’s, working hard on my training sessions, and […]
Andreas Thorkildsen has taken to twitter to announced the following. Andreas Thorkildsen is the 6th best javelin thrower with the current javelin model. with a personal best of 91.59 that he set back in 2006. Last season he only managed 80.79 in Praha. due to injury. My opinion on Andreas Thorkildsen Missing this season out. “I think that the decision that Andreas is […]
Dessau, Germany, May 31st, during the annual Anhalt meeting and despite the bad weather conditions were good results by the javelin throwers produced. Especially the Swedish Rising Star Kim Amb was in a good shape. Tero Pitkamaki won the event with 85.39m (280′ 1″) followed by Kim Amb who smashed his PB with a throw […]
Not many people will immediately know the significance of this Saturday unless they are flicking through the history books of track and field. But at around 3pm, it will mark the 17th anniversary of one of the longest-standing world records. The German city of Jena was the venue back on 25th May 1996 for Jan […]
The first leg of the Diamond League Meeting in Doha, Qatar was a full success. The meeting records, world leading throws and national records let the Diamond League of Doha shine. Sandra Perkovic was able to throw a new meeting record and a massive world lead of 68.23m (223′ 10″). Her complete set was: 67.37m […]
The first leg of Diamond League series 2013 started in Doha with a great adrenaline and show. In the men´s shot put Ryan Whiting threw a huge 22.28m (73’1″) to take the new world lead and also the new meeting record. Additionally, the 22.28m (73’1″) ranks him 12th in the all time shot put list. Germán […]
Finally the entry lists for the London Olympic Games are out! As a service for all our fans Throwholics cut the official list down to the throwing events. The final list of all THROWING EVENTS If you like to check the official list for the other events please visit this post HERE
- A new rule proposed by the IAAF World records set before 2005 to be made un-official! May 6, 2017
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- John says: Hey guys, a little off topic - does anyone know Zelezny's...
- Alan Stocker says: Could you e.mail me a contact for a elite coach for...
- Juan Kis says: I cannot find the other 9 articles ? And this...
- Thrower says: 87%****^^^^
- Thrower says: I throw between 100-115. I havent learned the spin yet and...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets