What is the core of your off-season training goals, philosophy? In the summer and fall, the training goals I have for my group are to build a strong base and workload capacity. We also work on becoming physically better than ever before. We condition in the fall with circuit type training for our general strength […]
Tagged: 2015 Off Season Coaching
Who Do I Coach: I coach 19 throwers at Louisiana State University. They cover all events. Most notably are Rodney Brown 64.68m discus throw and Tori Bilss 17.49m. They all train at Louisiana State University. Our track/throws field/weight room is in one facility. Off season training goals are to build a strength, mobility and technical […]
Who do you coach? I coach my college athletes at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. I also coach Amanda Bingson. Where do you train? We train in Manhattan, ks. What is the core of your off season training goals, Philosophy? In the off season we are mostly focused on technical development of the competitive […]
In general, I look at the year in 3 phases: fall is the time to get fitter and correct technical flaws from last season- that (correct flaws) is the main thing I want to do in fall; Winter is for ingraining and making technical corrections the “new normal” and improving special/throwing power and speed; Spring/competition […]
I train at the Millenium Institute Auckland and I coach a group of about 15 athletes. Most of them are under 20 and they cover all the throwing events with a majority of them having hammer as main event. It is some sort of a throws high level development training center. There is basically not […]
Who do you coach? I coach Seema Antil Punia from India and Rutger Smith from the Nederlands. Both are discus throwers but Rutger has thrown the shot put up until this year. Where do you train? We train in Southern California in Newport Beach and also in Irvine. What is the core of your off […]
Off season training plan/philosophy – 11 Tennessee throwers – Women – Cassie Wertman (Jr.) – Shot – 17.26m, Disc – 50.64m Maria Jimenez(Soph) – Javelin – 49.04m Danielle Holdren(FR) – Disc – 40m, shot – 11m Men – Tavis Bailey(Sr) – Shot -19.26m, Disc – 64.51m, Weight – 20.51m Matt Hoty(Sr) – Shot – 19.12m […]
Who do you coach? In addition to working with Tom Walsh, I also coach a young javelin thrower, Hayden Hall. He’s just switched to javelin after being focused on discus, which is a unique and exciting challenge. Where does your group train? We have a nice High Performance facility in Christchurch, New Zealand. It has everything […]
- IAAF World Championships 2017 DAY 1 Round up. August 5, 2017
- A new rule proposed by the IAAF World records set before 2005 to be made un-official! May 6, 2017
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- John says: Hey guys, a little off topic - does anyone know Zelezny's...
- Alan Stocker says: Could you e.mail me a contact for a elite coach for...
- Juan Kis says: I cannot find the other 9 articles ? And this...
- Thrower says: 87%****^^^^
- Thrower says: I throw between 100-115. I havent learned the spin yet and...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets