How to Punch-Your-Ticket to the Rio Games

• Discussion of article How to Punch-Your-Ticket to the Rio Games:

So here's what we've found in terms of how one qualifys for this summer's Olympic Games in Rio. The IAAF has decided that they will repeat 2015's two-standard system in 2016. So here's hoping the USATF does not muck-it-up again, but we're not holding our breath on that one. Let's us know what we've missed.

Here's our source:
    QUALIFICATION SYSTEM – GAMES OF THE XXXI OLYMPIAD – RIO 2016 [URL:file:///Users/norm/Downloads/Rio%202016%20Olympic%20Games%20qualification%20system.pdf]

Here's the list…
  • I AM NOT HIGH STANDARDS FOR CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS. I KNOW ALL ABOUT FIELD BEING TOO BIG ECT. SHOT STANDARD TO ME IS GOOD FOR MEN AND WOMEN. DISCUS TO ME IS HIGH FOR THE MALE DISCUS IF YOU USE THE LAST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AS AN EXAMPLE. BUT THAT'S MY FEELINGS/ JUST LIKE GIVING ONLY THREE THROWS FOR REGIONAL THROWERS BY THE NCAA. WHAT'S THE HURRY???? I FEEL ITS A TERRIBLE WAY TO TREAT ATHLETES THAT WORK THEIR TAIL OFF AND CUT THE COMPETITION SHORT. TAKING 18 TO THE FINIALS WITH 12 TO QUALIFY WOULD BE MUXH BETTER AND TAKE LESS THAN AN HOUR.
    BUT THE THROWS DON'T GET ANY RESPECT FROM HIGH SCHOOL ON UP. EVEN "TRACK TOWN" HAS THE HAMMER OUTSIDE THE STADIUM !!!! OK THEY ARE CHANGING FOR THE WORLDS BUT ITS OUTSIDE NOW FOR THE TRIALS !!!!!!!!??? AT SOME COLLEGES THE THROWING AREA IS AS MUCH A MILE AWAY FROM THE TRACK!!! TV COVERAGES OF THE THROWS IS TERRIBLE ,AS WELL AS OTHER FIELD EVENTS BUT WE LEAD THE FIELD OF BEING IGNORED, SHOW EVERY LAP OF THE 10000 METERS BUT NOT ONE HAMMER OR JAVELIN OR DICUS THROW. WELL I AM SURE YOU ALL KNOW THIS !! AND NOW THEY WANT TO DROP THE THROWS ALL TOGETHER. GLAD IAM OLD AND WON'T LIVE TO SEE IT I HOPE !!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!