When do shot putters reach their peak?

• I just posted a statistical analysis on my site of at what age male shot putters threw their personal best. I looked at the top 100 all-time.

When Do Shot Putters Hit Their Peak? « HMMR Media

There were several interesting conclusions, but one was that Americans reached their peak much earlier than other throwers. I speculated that this could be due to lack of support for post-collegiate throwers (may stunt long-term development), training methods used, or any number of reasons (for example it could be the need to compete year-round, as opposed to other countries ability to better focus on one big meet, leaves less time for overall development). I was more focused on the numbers than the reasons. Any ideas?

• I just posted a statistical analysis on my site of at what age male shot putters threw their personal best. I looked at the top 100 all-time.

When Do Shot Putters Hit Their Peak? « HMMR Media

There were several interesting conclusions, but one was that Americans reached their peak much earlier than other throwers. I speculated that this could be due to lack of support for post-collegiate throwers (may stunt long-term development), training methods used, or any number of reasons (for example it could be the need to compete year-round, as opposed to other countries ability to better focus on one big meet, leaves less time for overall development). I was more focused on the numbers than the reasons. Any ideas?

Since it locked and maybe you answer it in the article... how much do you think has to do with funding?

• The javelin throw offers a unique perspective compared to the other throwing events. Doping era marks prevail in most women’s throwing events and some of the men’s events and skew any historical analysis. The javelin, however, has had the advantage of starting over. In 1986 a new men’s javelin was introduced thereby resetting the records books. In 1999 the a women’s javelin was also introduced. As a result, some of the issues with questionable marks have been overcome and this also allows me to look at both genders for the first time.

@bingisser how much has the drug use lessened in the 1990 to now?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!