Post-Season Training

• Hey everyone,

I just finished my season today, and I'm really looking forward to next year. I'd like to hear some thoughts on how soon do you think it is a good idea to get back lifting, drilling, and throwing in preparation for next season. In other words, how much rest is a good amount to take off from training once your season is over? One week? Two weeks?

• Well it depends. If you have been training hard the whole season, maybe 2-4 weeks.
    I usually ease the training when coming to the main event of the season(nationals) and after that i don´t lift, run, jump etc. and solely focus on competing(autumn wind mayhem) and try mastering the technique. I also like to throw 1 kg and other stuff that i don´t do that much in the summer maybe even a little hammer throw as well . No stress or anything just concentrate on having fun. So my style allows me to start training after 1 week of resting, because i sort of had my rest period there, only my CNS might be whacked because of the high intensity throws with the light implements.
    Anyways everyone starts with cardio work and everything non-throwing exercise so I get my nerves back on track before I start throwing for the summer.
    So my point being: listen to your body, it will tell you when it´s ready.
    Everyone is an individual in this as well, like in any other thing related to sport.

• Are you really tired?

In the States our high school track & field season ends when it should just be ramping-up. If you're not injured I would recommend continuing to training and throwing at a high level until you're worn out or the weather turn poor.

Use the summer month like the rest of the world to get better and rest in the fall. if you can't find meets then set-up your own.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!