Gill and boxing bag/hand work

• Breaux greer the javelin thrower used them to.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't use boxing as a training tool, but I might if I had a base training of it from youth. During my training camp before London Olympics I was at Hotel Alfamar training centre in Portugal. I am not usually around bags in my normal facilities but there was a bag in the weight room there. During rest periods between sets I contemplated to translation of this exercise for throwing and I realized that bag work would be a perfect transition exercise for retired throwers. It harnesses the athlete's existing nervous system conditioning(punching, throwing, torso twisting) and adds the aerobic element for athletes looking to transition back to "civilian" life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!