Training Journal(s) | What, How, Why

• KEEP THOSE PROMISES TO THE ONE YOU LOVE
    A window into how to improve your throwing, and your life.

"That promise you made to yourself to track your progress. I took detailed notes of my gains in lifting and throwing. Notes are important; they’re your past and your future. Review your notes. If you don’t have notes or a training diary, you are wrong. Study yourself, but not in the mirror."

In my experience those that do not use a training journal do not want to admit how little they are doing.

• Official Post

I know for a fact that in Germany Throwers asked to do it. At least the ones who are in the national team. The Head Coach Jürgen Schult provides everyone with an Excel file which enables the throwers to put in their log entries. Not everyone is doing it but the ones who do will receive an overview. It is a really good training log which enables the coaches to check what their athletes have done and why there are improvements and downfalls in distances.

• I know for a fact that in Germany Throwers asked to do it. At least the ones who are in the national team. The Head Coach Jürgen Schult provides everyone with an Excel file which enables the throwers to put in their log entries. Not everyone is doing it but the ones who do will receive an overview. It is a really good training log which enables the coaches to check what their athletes have done and why there are improvements and downfalls in distances.

I coach a young 18 year old hammer thrower in Australia. We log everything much the same way Derek Evely @eveltrak does. We track whet hammers shift performance and keep all sessions short but at high intensity. Keeping record on performance levels enables better coaching decisions to made in the ring and in the weight room

• Official Post

@Slinking that's true. It could help you a lot to understand what's happening with your athlete. And you can even compare it with future athletes you are going to coach. See who develops how on which level. There are some athletes who develop differently by certain exercises and hence its interesting to compare all of it.

Make
    sense. My World History 101 professor said Germans write down everything, in a good way.

Who you know anyone who could give us an idea what caoch Schult asks them to write down?

I might get a hold on it, but I have to talk to Jürgen first

• Official Post

So I officially have been given permission by coach Schult to share how his German throwing training group are trained to log their sessions.
    The new "Wurfteam Potsdam" (Training squads of Potsdam, at which [articledefinition=1]Jürgen Schult[/articledefinition] is one of the coaches) website was launched and therefore some training tools are available.

http://www.wurfteam-potsdam.de…ing/trainingsmaterialien/

It is all in German though... but I bet one can get the idea. If you have questions, feel free to ask. I might be able to answer them ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!