At this year’s German Championships there are more important things to consider than the gold, silver or bronze medal. The Olympic Games in Rio outshine the title fights in Kassel this weekend. And in some disciplines is the national title far worth more than gold. After all, who has managed the Olympic standard and wins […]
Category: Shot Put
The men’s shot put event of the Stockholm’s Diamond League meeting was held one day prior the main program. Tom Walsh won the shot put event with 21,13m in the absence of Joe Kovacs. In Ralambshovsparken, the shot put event took place. It is one of the oldest parks in the Swedish capital. Walsh placed […]
German athletes have been asked what they would think about the suspension of the Russian athletes prior the IAAF verdict. Robert Harting, Betty Heidler, Christina Schwanitz and Katharina Molitor shared their opinions. Robert Harting: Many countries are so creative when it comes to their flag. It would also be great if it would be possible […]
Discus Thrower Rutger Smith has qualified for the European Athletics Championships next month in Amsterdam. The 34-year-old Groninger, who lives and trains in the United States, met the qualification standard at a competition last Sunday. He came to a distance of 63.37 meters, his best performance this season. Smith, who became numerous times the Dutch […]
He is one of the most successful German athletes in recent years. David Storl has collected in the junior and senior classes an international title after the next. Twice he was already world champion, this summer the 25-year-old wants to land the big coup also at the Olympic Games. With his best performance of the […]
Christine Schwanitz comes a little bit closer to her top form at a Schwarzwald meeting. David Storl fails at the 21-meter mark. Shot put world champion Christina Schwanitz has shown improving form before the Rio Olympics in nearly two months. The 30-year-old came on Sunday at Black Forest meeting in Schapbach to 19.41 m and improved […]
Christina Schwanitz is back after a long enforced break and qualifies for the Olympics. But she is still far away from her personal best. Shot put world champion Christina Schwanitz has secured the ticket for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro (August 5 to 21) in her first competition after a nine months forced […]
At yesterday’s Oslo Diamond League meet a young putter from Poland, Konrad Bukowiecki, was leading the competition until Joe Kovacs (USA) reminded everyone who’s the top-cock in the hen house by dropping a massive 22,01m (72′ 2½”) bomb. At his Diamond League debut Konrad took 2nd place and cracked his U20 world junior record with a 21,14m (69′ 4¼”). I must admit, my […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Fred Brickner says: How much improvement can a 16-18m thrower expect with the tungsten...
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
- Karthik says: I will see you soon