My post meet reflection on the 2015 Beijing World Championships. My first World Championships went as follows. I had a decent hurdle race to start off the heptathlon, running a 13.59, a tenth off what I ran at USA Nationals. I was really hoping for a [personal best] since I felt great in practice and was […]
Here we go. Please check the dates and times. The IAAF World Championships LIVE on their YouTube page. Broadcast Schedule Beijing Time Eastern Time USA gender event round 09:30 (22 AUG) 21:30 (21 AUG) M Hammer Throw Qualification Group A 10:10 (22 AUG) 22:10 (21 AUG) W Shot Put Qualification 10:55 (22 AUG) 22:55 (21 AUG) M Hammer Throw Qualification […]
As mentioned time and time again in our series Road to Beijing, Team USA is taking it’s 2nd step on it’s way to this months World Championships in Beijing; spending Monday traveling to training camp at Juntendo University in Japan. It’s a time when dozens of track & field athlete decide if they are preparing for a quality performance […]
WOMENs JAVELIN Hannah Carson throws 50,34m (165′ 02″) for bronze at the NACAC 2015 Senior Championships Womens Javelin results Hannah Carson on Facebook Well my season came to an end today! Excellent season; looking forward to next year! Now my vacation starts!! MENs DISCUS Okay, in the USA, does the performance qualifying standard trump the top-32 qualifying standard? […]
Barbara Udoezi Nwaba (18 January 18 1989) is an American who represents the Santa Barbara Track Club. Nwaba is known for the multi events, pentathlon and heptathlon. She is the 2015 USA Outdoor Track and Field Champion in the heptathlon. How has your training been going recently? Training has been going great! It took me […]
Which US Americans are on the World Championship team? We’ve been told folks have until August 9 to hit the qualifier. BOLDed folks are on Team USA. shot put 17,75m (58′ 3″) SET 1st Michelle Carter 2nd Tia Brooks 3rd Jeneva Stevens has standard: Tori Bliss Daniella Bunch Jillian Camarena-Williams Kelsey Card Brittany Smith Felisha Johnson Becky O’Brien Raven Saunders […]
As a college coach I am often asked by many groups of people for ‘Drills for Throwing’, whether it be shot put, discus, hammer, weight or javelin, students, teachers and fans alike are looking to increase their wealth of knowledge of the throwing disciplines to better teach their craft. I often ask myself ‘what is […]
When reached in Toronto for comment John Smith said, “Same rings, different t-shirts.” Oxford. Mississippi. USA Olympic head coach Connie Price-Smith has been hired as the head cross country and track & field coach at the University of Mississippi (colloquially known as Ole Miss Rebels). Coming alongside coach Price-Smith is throwing coach and husband–the unconventional rabble-rouser John Smith. […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Fred Brickner says: How much improvement can a 16-18m thrower expect with the tungsten...
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
- Karthik says: I will see you soon