August 04 2017 saw the first day of the IAAF 2017 world championships taking place in the Olympic stadium in London, and the field events where off to a flying start with the Men’s Discus qualification round with Piotr Malachowski , Robert Harting, Daniel Stahl & Gerd Kanter in the spotlight to not only go […]
Below is a full list of all official entry standards for World Championships in London this year, The qualification system combines entry standards and invitations based on performance lists. I have posted a full list of the standards for all events, for both female and male events. If you don’t have time to scroll through […]
Reggie Jagers stepped into the ring and threw the 2K discus 55.97m, I turned to Justin Rodhe and asked ‘what round is this?’, he replied ‘5th’, I responded, ‘we should just give them 12 attempts’. That about sums up my feelings about the Big Weekend…I just didn’t want it to end! In 2004 I watched […]
Before I start I would like to state that some of the conversations stated are taken from Thenews.com.pk I have also been allowed to repost. Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo around eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (IAAF) High Performance Training Centre (HPTC) in Mauritius. He will […]
Kibwé Johnson is starting his 2nd year as throws coach at IMG Academy. In addition to hosting weekly track and field camps year round, IMG’s full-time academy team is in its 4th year under the direction of world class speed and movement coach, Loren Seagrave. The prestigious prep school, perhaps best known for its football team, […]
from Victor Hogan: I don’t know what to say Norm. I tested positive for the stimulant dimethelhexaenamine. I’m heart broken. It is my dream, my mission, to be a world-class discus thrower the moral and ethical way. I have too much respect for our sport and my competitors to cheat, or to find a short cut. I know dimethelhexaenamine is banned, I didn’t […]
The Lonely Athlete Word is that the N.C.A.A. has (and will?) been keeping some coaches (and institutional funding) away from their pupils (at competitions) during this short window of time when track and field athletes are attempting to qualify for the Olympic Games and preparing to compete in said Games and their National Championships. One […]
Thomas Rohler improves his world-leading mark to 91.28m at the Paavo Nurmi Games in Turku. The German moves up to ninth on the European all-time rankings. The series of throws was fantastic, and Rohler will most likely be looking towards the Olympic gold medal at Rio His series of throws for this competition are below, […]
- Podcast with Darrell Hill by Tom FitzSimons September 12, 2017
- IAAF World Championships 2017 DAY 1 Round up. August 5, 2017
- A new rule proposed by the IAAF World records set before 2005 to be made un-official! May 6, 2017
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Natayah says: Thank u this is a really good strategy for me I...
- John says: Hey guys, a little off topic - does anyone know Zelezny's...
- Alan Stocker says: Could you e.mail me a contact for a elite coach for...
- Juan Kis says: I cannot find the other 9 articles ? And this...
- Thrower says: 87%****^^^^
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets