This is long but good, you should read everything. A few days have passed since one of the best weekends of my life every year; Starting at 3:00 On Friday, December 15th and ending Monday night, the 18th, I slept for about 6 total hours as I lay host to 150 of America’s best and […]
Author: Sean Denard
Reggie Jagers stepped into the ring and threw the 2K discus 55.97m, I turned to Justin Rodhe and asked ‘what round is this?’, he replied ‘5th’, I responded, ‘we should just give them 12 attempts’. That about sums up my feelings about the Big Weekend…I just didn’t want it to end! In 2004 I watched […]
When I first arrived at Grand Valley in my first staff meeting I asked about the possibility of hosting an indoor discus competition; 14 months later it came to fruition and I believe the experience to be one of the greatest throwing festivals ever put together and a model others will mimic for years to […]
As a college coach I am often asked by many groups of people for ‘Drills for Throwing’, whether it be shot put, discus, hammer, weight or javelin, students, teachers and fans alike are looking to increase their wealth of knowledge of the throwing disciplines to better teach their craft. I often ask myself ‘what is […]
Saturday, June 13th, 2015- I am sitting in my house in Allendale, Michigan watching Raiders of The Lost Ark, waiting for the women’s NCAA Championships to show some throws this evening. I just finished watching the Adidas Grand Prix in NYC, where I saw about a minute and a half of throwing, fortunately I was […]
Who do you coach? I coach my college athletes at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. I also coach Amanda Bingson. Where do you train? We train in Manhattan, ks. What is the core of your off season training goals, Philosophy? In the off season we are mostly focused on technical development of the competitive […]
In general, I look at the year in 3 phases: fall is the time to get fitter and correct technical flaws from last season- that (correct flaws) is the main thing I want to do in fall; Winter is for ingraining and making technical corrections the “new normal” and improving special/throwing power and speed; Spring/competition […]
Who do you coach? I am currently coach Matthias Tayala, Danniel Thomas, Reggie Jaggers, Jackie and Becca Leppelmemeir, Mke King and the rest of Kent State throws squad. I am going to do one question at a time. if that’s cool. Where do you train? We train at Kent State year round we are fortunate […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Fred Brickner says: How much improvement can a 16-18m thrower expect with the tungsten...
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- free proxy says: Hello,I read your blog named "Aero GhostJav by Spearwerx! | Throwholics"...
- Clarkceaby says: How to invest in bitcoins in 2019 and receive passive income...
- link alternatif says: I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth ...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets