Reggie Jagers stepped into the ring and threw the 2K discus 55.97m, I turned to Justin Rodhe and asked ‘what round is this?’, he replied ‘5th’, I responded, ‘we should just give them 12 attempts’. That about sums up my feelings about the Big Weekend…I just didn’t want it to end! In 2004 I watched […]
Author: Sean Denard
When I first arrived at Grand Valley in my first staff meeting I asked about the possibility of hosting an indoor discus competition; 14 months later it came to fruition and I believe the experience to be one of the greatest throwing festivals ever put together and a model others will mimic for years to […]
As a college coach I am often asked by many groups of people for ‘Drills for Throwing’, whether it be shot put, discus, hammer, weight or javelin, students, teachers and fans alike are looking to increase their wealth of knowledge of the throwing disciplines to better teach their craft. I often ask myself ‘what is […]
Saturday, June 13th, 2015- I am sitting in my house in Allendale, Michigan watching Raiders of The Lost Ark, waiting for the women’s NCAA Championships to show some throws this evening. I just finished watching the Adidas Grand Prix in NYC, where I saw about a minute and a half of throwing, fortunately I was […]
Who do you coach? I coach my college athletes at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. I also coach Amanda Bingson. Where do you train? We train in Manhattan, ks. What is the core of your off season training goals, Philosophy? In the off season we are mostly focused on technical development of the competitive […]
In general, I look at the year in 3 phases: fall is the time to get fitter and correct technical flaws from last season- that (correct flaws) is the main thing I want to do in fall; Winter is for ingraining and making technical corrections the “new normal” and improving special/throwing power and speed; Spring/competition […]
Who do you coach? I am currently coach Matthias Tayala, Danniel Thomas, Reggie Jaggers, Jackie and Becca Leppelmemeir, Mke King and the rest of Kent State throws squad. I am going to do one question at a time. if that’s cool. Where do you train? We train at Kent State year round we are fortunate […]
Overview: Perception is life. In throwing perception is dependent upon communication. Communication between Coach and Athlete. Communication between Athlete and Body. Communication between what is seen and heard and what is thought and executed. The way we speak is fundamental in the way we perceive and develop thoughts, and so it is imperative in Coaching […]
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- Its that time again! + Message August 5, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- jameilia jones says: when u say shop at the right time do u mean...
- gabe says: if i throw 2kg discus how light shlould the discus be...
- The 2016 Summer Olympics Will Be The Gayest In History says: […] Minderhoud (Netherlands, equestrian) Ian Matos (Brazil, diving) Angel McCoughtry (USA,...
- itunes codes free says: very good knowledge you guys have at this point...
- pixelgun3dhack.cheatshack.website says: nice site you got at this time how you're thoughts on...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets