from Victor Hogan: I don’t know what to say Norm. I tested positive for the stimulant dimethelhexaenamine. I’m heart broken. It is my dream, my mission, to be a world-class discus thrower the moral and ethical way. I have too much respect for our sport and my competitors to cheat, or to find a short cut. I know dimethelhexaenamine is banned, I didn’t […]
Author: Norm Zÿlstra
U.S.A.T.F. is hosting a hammer meet at noon on Saturday, July 9 at Western Oregon University. While the meet will be in Monmouth, the hammers will be certified and impounded in Eugene; transported-to, and distributed-by, U.S.A.T.F. officials in Monmouth. We’ve heard that that the start list will include A.G. Kruger (flying back as we publish this), Conor McCullough, and Trials champion […]
The Lonely Athlete Word is that the N.C.A.A. has (and will?) been keeping some coaches (and institutional funding) away from their pupils (at competitions) during this short window of time when track and field athletes are attempting to qualify for the Olympic Games and preparing to compete in said Games and their National Championships. One […]
So here’s what we’ve found in terms of how one qualifys for this summer’s Olympic Games in Rio. The IAAF has decided that they will repeat 2015’s two-standard system in 2016. So here’s hoping the USATF does not muck-it-up again, but we’re not holding our breath on that one. Let’s us know what we’ve missed. Here’s […]
Ten Things That Require Zero Talent 1.) Being on Time (Early) 2.) Work Ethic 3.) Effort 4.) Body Language 5.) Energy 6.) Servent’s Attitude 7.) Passion 8.) Coachability 9.) Being Prepared 10.) Care for Another source: life
Philip Milanov (6 July 1991) is a Belgian discus thrower. In 2015 he took home the silver medal from the World Championship in Peking with a lifetime best of 66,90m (219′ 6″). He is a four-time Belgian champion and the 2015 World University Games champion in men’s discus throw. 2010 2011 56.00 Izegem 29 […]
Fedrick Dacres (28 February, 1994) is a Jamaican discus thrower. He won a gold medal at the 2011 World Youth Championships and a gold medal at the 2012 World Junior Championships in Athletics. 2011 53,05m (174′ 1″) 2012 55,45m (181′ 11″) 2013 59,30m (194′ 7″) 2014 66,75m (218′ 0″) 2015 66,40m (217′ 10″) Mona 21 Mar 2016 […]
Things to keep in your Throwing Duffle Bag: • healthy food (bring extra to share) • water • throwing shoes (for competition) • running shoes (for warm-up) • nice towel for yourself • worn towel for implements • sunscreen • sweat pants • sweat shirt • gloves • hat • regular socks • warm socks • large trash […]
- Indoor Shotput Worldchampion Tom Walsh! March 3, 2018
- UPDATE!: Davinder Singh Kang Prrovisionally suspended for testing positive to Steroids. February 28, 2018
- Johannes Vetter 91.22m Javelin throw! – World Leading throw! and its only February! February 28, 2018
- Top Javelin FAILED dope test / forcing them to pulled out! / The Indian Grand Prix. February 27, 2018
- Kathryn Mitchell breaks women’s javelin record 67.58! February 11, 2018
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Pawel Fajdek Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
- Throwholics Luke says: We have since changed the image, and apologies for any destressed...
- Werner Daniels says: That is not serious. To write about doping and to show...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets