Over the last few weeks a video of Joe Kovacs back squatting 770 pounds has gone viral. My first thoughts were, “How mad is (Kovacs’ coach] Art [Venegas] going to be that this was posted on the internet?” and “That’s normal for a world class shot putter at that size.” See discussion of Vern Gambetta’s post […]
Author: John Smith
Part 2 in the series, including specific responses to questions posed by Martin Bingisser and discussed in the discussion thread. Soviet Hammer Strength In Part 1 I was not specific enough about the 1000’s of hammer throwers. I was referring to the former Soviet system that dominated hammer throwing for a few decades. The secret […]
I understand the European model of developing hammer throwers. Starting the hammer throwing with eight year old children like they do in the hammer throwing countries is beyond a doubt a proven way of developing the event. Unfortunately, even though there are pockets of places training young athletes to throw the hammer in this country and that […]
How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus Throwholics note: Coach Smith will answer your questions in this discussion thread. http://social.throwholics.com/index.php/Thread/4152-How-the-USA-adapted-in-the-Shot-Put-post-1995-and-Why-We-Didn’t-Adapt-in-the-Dis It’s been 20 years now since there was a radical shift in drug testing on the world level. American shot putters adapted to the new […]
Is the Rotational Shot Put Technique the Next Step Forward for US Women? Throwholics note: Coach Smith will answer your questions in the discussion thread. (http://social.throwholics.com/index.php/Thread/4151-Is-the-Rotational-Shot-Put-Technique-the-Next-Step-Forward-for-US-Women) In the last two years, I have been conducting a personal case study involving the glide and rotational techniques performed in shot putting. In this personal study, I took a […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- free proxy says: Hello,I read your blog named "Aero GhostJav by Spearwerx! | Throwholics"...
- Clarkceaby says: How to invest in bitcoins in 2019 and receive passive income...
- link alternatif says: I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth ...
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets