Over the last few weeks a video of Joe Kovacs back squatting 770 pounds has gone viral. My first thoughts were, “How mad is (Kovacs’ coach] Art [Venegas] going to be that this was posted on the internet?” and “That’s normal for a world class shot putter at that size.” See discussion of Vern Gambetta’s post […]
Author: John Smith
Part 2 in the series, including specific responses to questions posed by Martin Bingisser and discussed in the discussion thread. Soviet Hammer Strength In Part 1 I was not specific enough about the 1000’s of hammer throwers. I was referring to the former Soviet system that dominated hammer throwing for a few decades. The secret […]
I understand the European model of developing hammer throwers. Starting the hammer throwing with eight year old children like they do in the hammer throwing countries is beyond a doubt a proven way of developing the event. Unfortunately, even though there are pockets of places training young athletes to throw the hammer in this country and that […]
How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus Throwholics note: Coach Smith will answer your questions in this discussion thread. http://social.throwholics.com/index.php/Thread/4152-How-the-USA-adapted-in-the-Shot-Put-post-1995-and-Why-We-Didn’t-Adapt-in-the-Dis It’s been 20 years now since there was a radical shift in drug testing on the world level. American shot putters adapted to the new […]
Is the Rotational Shot Put Technique the Next Step Forward for US Women? Throwholics note: Coach Smith will answer your questions in the discussion thread. (http://social.throwholics.com/index.php/Thread/4151-Is-the-Rotational-Shot-Put-Technique-the-Next-Step-Forward-for-US-Women) In the last two years, I have been conducting a personal case study involving the glide and rotational techniques performed in shot putting. In this personal study, I took a […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Fred Brickner says: How much improvement can a 16-18m thrower expect with the tungsten...
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- P. RAMA ARAVINTH says: I LOVE DISCUS , I AM ALSO A DISCUS THROWER ,AND...
- says: https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/czech-republic/jan-zelezny-3207
- Karthik says: I will see you soon