On site report from Mr Mattis:The Penn meet was absolutely miserable conditions: 43 degrees, no wind and snow before and during the meet. This is what most folks don’t understand about Sam. He threw 218 in high school and was routinely throwing between 220 and 227 in practices. We thought he had a great […]
Monthly Archive: March 2016
On a weekend when track & field’s big hitters are uncover in Portland for the World Championships, 2015 U23 US Univeristy discus champion Sam Mattis (University of Pennsylvania) found friendly conditions at his home field and threw a 1st round 67,45m (221′ 3″) at the Philadelphia College Classic. Mattis‘ mark is the #1 throw in the world, passing Spaniard […]
Jill Camarena-Williams (born 2 March 1982) is a US American shot putter and member of fourteen international teams. Those teams include seven World Championship squads and the 2008 Peking (12th 18,51m 60′ 8¾” SB) and 2012 London (15th at 18,22m 59′ 9½”) Olympic teams. She took home the bronze medal from 2011 Daegu World Championships. Camarena-Williams set an American indoor […]
Jon Jones (23 April, 1991) is a 6’0″ 310 lb shot putter from the United States. He took 4th at the 2014 USA Championships with a personal best of 20,75m (68’1″) and 3rd at the 2016. Jones punched his ticket to the Indoor World Championships in Portland at this weekend’s US Trials. Jones was a baseball and US […]
Jared Schuurmans (20 August, 1987) is a US American discus thrower. He holds a personal record of 66,10 m (216′ 10″) for the event, set in 2015. He was the national champion in 2015. Schuurmans won an NAIA discus title in 2010 while at Doane College. He was the silver medalist at the 2014 Pan […]
Recently a video of fan favorite and world champion shot putter Joe Kovacs squatting 770 pounds has been zipping around the internet. Philosopher Vern Gambetta asked a question and that has sparked an interesting discussion drawing in other great minds. Below is the text posted as we publish, have a read and join in. Vern Gambetta 11 […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- free proxy says: Hello,I read your blog named "Aero GhostJav by Spearwerx! | Throwholics"...
- Clarkceaby says: How to invest in bitcoins in 2019 and receive passive income...
- link alternatif says: I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth ...
- Luke Angell says: We do apologise.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets