When it comes to throwing, the smallest things can have a big impact on distance. Recently in my own discus training I had first hand experience with this. I discovered a small trick that adds 5m on my 50m throw using the 1.5kg disc. Two weeks ago I had my first discus training session in […]
Monthly Archive: April 2014
The American athletic system has become unified with its academic institutions. The American academic institution is changing and thus the athletic development program will reflect such changes. These changes will benefit athletes if appropriately leveraged by all parties into a 5-6 year model of training. Successful components of such changes will include providing an affordable […]
The former national coach Gerd Böttcher died unexpectedly on Easter weekend. The 68 -year-old celebrated his probably biggest success as a coach in 1996 as a discus thrower Ilke Wyludda won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Atlanta (USA). Gerhard Böttcher was not only the coach of Wyludda but he is also the […]
Chirstian Cantwell won the Kansas Street Meet with the best mark in the world of 21.36M. Returning from a serious elbow injury and late in his career Cantwell didn’t hold back barely fouling some near 22m throws. Kurt Roberts was second with a near life time best of 21.23M while Reese Hoffa was third with […]
With rivals Stam Scarvelis (15,88m/ 52′ 1″, 52,60m/ 172′ 7″) and Ashlie Blake (15,66m/ 51′ 4″, 50,62m/ 166′ 1″) locking horns at the Arcadia Invitational on the west coast; South Carolinian Raven Saunders upped her US high school record of 17,26m (56′ 7½”) with a fantastic 17.27m (56′ 8¼”). “In my shot out warm-up I threw a South African throw that was around 54′ and my full throws […]
Couple of days ago the highly awaited duel between the New Zealand shot putters Tom Walsh and Jacko Gill took place. Tom Walsh won the competition with 20,79m (68′ 2″) followed by Jacko Gill 19,93m (65′ 4″). Atheletics New Zealand uploaded a video to YouTube and Didier Poppe added a great comment which Throwholics thinks […]
In a long expected turn of events the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) has included men’s and women’s hammer events in the 2014 Diamond League schedule. “What were we thinking!?” said IAAF president Lamine Diack while wearing his Rob Roeder buckskin hammer glove, “Everyone knows we all love the hammer and enjoy throwing all weights and wire lengths are […]
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Fred Brickner says: How much improvement can a 16-18m thrower expect with the tungsten...
- Juan Villa says: Hello, does this training camp provide coaching to improve throwing techniques?...
- free proxy says: Hello,I read your blog named "Aero GhostJav by Spearwerx! | Throwholics"...
- Clarkceaby says: How to invest in bitcoins in 2019 and receive passive income...
- link alternatif says: I have learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth ...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets