The double World Champion Robert Harting finished his season today in Bad Köstritz. Harting, who is struggling with his left knee injury, threw 64.76 and won over Australia´s Benn Harradine (63.15), 5th at the World Championships in Daegu.
In couple of days Harting can be sure if he needs a surgery or not. “I don´t let it to get me. I would fight back after the surgery, that would be awesome.”
In the men´s shot put, Tomasz Majewski of Poland took the victory with 20.68, Germany´s Ralf Bartels was second with 19.52m.
In the women´s shot put Valerie Adams (Vili) put the 4kg metal ball to 20.59m and not just won the meet, but had a superior lead over Christina Schwanitz (18.41).
1. Robert Harting ( Berlin ) 64,74 Meter
2. Benn Harradine ( Australien ) 63,05; 3. Jan Marcell ( Tschechien ) 60,43
1. Tomasz Majewski (Polen) 20,68
2. Ralf Bartels (Neubrandenburg) 19,52
3. Marco Schmidt (Sindelfingen) 19,05
4.Andy Dittmar ( Gotha ) 18,36
1. Wioletta Potepa (Polen) 57,18
1. Valerie Adams (Neuseeland) 20,59
2. Christina Schwanitz (Thum) 18,41
3. Cleopatra Borel-Brown (Trinidad und Tobago) 18,20
4. Josephine Terlecki (Magdeburg) 17,12