The reigning Olympic champion Gerd Kanter proved his unsuccess few days ago at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm was just a bad day. Today he grabbed Gold at the Estonian Championships held in Tallinn. His winning throw was recorded at 67.27m. The second Estonian discus giant Märt Israel landed on Silver after two fouls […]
Monthly Archive: July 2011
The African Champion Omar El-Ghazaly is struggeling with the left adductor injury which causes pain during his training sessions. It started to get too severe so El-Ghazaly went to a doctor and who made MRI which detected an inflammation in the left pubic ligament and a bone which need a straightaway treatment. El-Ghazaly who has […]
Christian Cantwell, shot put´s own David “The Hayemaker” Haye, likes to go straight and say out loud everything he really thinks. Here´s the interview with Christian Cantwell after the Samsung Diamond League (DN Galan 2011) meet held in Stockholm. Cantwell´s lifetime best in the shot put is 22.54m. He is the reigning indoor and outdoor […]
Zoltan Kovago, the Hungarian Olympic silver medalist 2004, threw a massive 69.50m in Budapest, at the Budapest Grand Prix 2011. It is also a new world lead, Robert Harting was the previous leader with 68.99m. Kovago´s lifetime best is 69.95m, his previous season´s best was 65.26m. The competition was strong as the Lithuanian double Olympic […]
The Estonian leader of the men´s javelin throw Risto Matas had to acknowledge the superiority of Mihkel Kukk at the Estonian Championships 2011. Mtas has a season´s best of 80.41m. Today his best was 76.01m which was less than Mihkel Kukk´s winning throw 76.76m. It is an interesting situation that Mtas has the B-standard of […]
Norwegian double Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen won the Diamond League meet held yesterday in Stockholm. His best throw in the second round 88.43m is also a new world leading result this year. It is not much to say Thorkildsen competed in the “one man competition” as the second place was taken by Matthias De Zordo […]
Virgilijus Alekna of Lithuania, the double Olympic and World champion with a lifetime best of 73.88m, which puts him into the second place in the world´s all-time list, won at the Samsung Diamond League competition held in Stockholm under the name of DN Galan 2011. Remarkable is that all the best discus throwers, except the […]
11th leg of the Samsung Diamond League will be held today in Stockholm. Throwholics will have a live coverage from the men´s discus and javelin. View timetable! Startlists are strong so don´t miss the competition. Live results will appear HERE!
- A new rule proposed by the IAAF World records set before 2005 to be made un-official! May 6, 2017
- Official IAAF London 2017 Entry Standards Released February 4, 2017
- USA Indoor Discus Championships 2016 & Big Clinic-Thoughts and Reflections December 20, 2016
- Pakistan’s highly talented javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem is set to undergo eight months training in the world athletics governing body’s (HPTC) in Mauritius. November 27, 2016
- North American Throws Symposium September 28, 2016
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Nadine Müller marries girlfriend January 5, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
2015 Off-Season Training Talk Andreas Thorkildsen Anna Rüh Benn Harradine Betty Heidler Christian Cantwell Christina Obergföll Christina Schwanitz Christoph Harting David Storl Diamond League Discus discus throw Dylan Armstrong Ehsan Hadadi Gerd Kanter Hammer hammer throw Jacko Gill javelin throw Joe Kovacs Julia Fischer Kathrin Klaas Kibwè Johnson Konrad Bukowiecki Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games Piotr Malachowski Reese Hoffa Road to Beijing Robert Harting Ryan Whiting samsung diamond league Sandra Perkovic Shanice Craft shot put Thomas Röhler Tomasz Majewski Valerie Adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Juan Kis says: I cannot find the other 9 articles ? And this...
- Thrower says: 87%****^^^^
- Thrower says: I throw between 100-115. I havent learned the spin yet and...
- leo z says: Zelezny threw 100+ in boleslav during training. Condition normal
- Kalen Thielenhaus says: David I was wondering if u could give me some pointers...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets