Quite some unexpected rumours made the rounds today. Allegedly Robert Harting would suffer from a cruciate ligament tear. After couple of hours after the rumour spread it turns out to be true. Unfortunately, Robert Harting confirmed his injury on his Facebook Page this afternoon. Due to this severe injury he will loose a couple of […]
Tagged: diamond league
Robert Harting won the Memorial van Damme Diamond League meeting in Brüssel last friday. Even though he won the competition he did not win the Diamond League Race. The Polish discus thrower Piotr Malachowski won the race by 2 points. But even without the crystal trophy in hand Harting enjoyed the trip back home. This […]
Most of the ones following Track & Field/Athletics know about the fact that Diamond League meeting organisers do not care for the hammer throwing event. They are still not part of the Diamond League and who knows if they ever will be. Throwholics strongly suggest to do everything possible to include the hammer throw and […]
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
Today at the New York Diamond League meeting Sandra Perkovic threw 68,48m (224′ 8″), which is not only a new world lead but also the meeting record. The previous meeting record was 63,97m held by Stephanie Brown-Trafton from May 2009. Sandra Perkovic, of Croatia, had won the discus at the opening Diamond League meeting in […]
Hammer thrower Kathrin Klaas will open her season this Sunday May 19th at the throwing meeting in Fränkisch-Crumbach. The following interview will cover her preparation for the season, why she still competes for LG Eintrach Frankfurt and what she thinks about her new training partner Markus Esser. Question: Kathrin, you have been in Split, Croatia […]
The first leg of the Diamond League Meeting in Doha, Qatar was a full success. The meeting records, world leading throws and national records let the Diamond League of Doha shine. Sandra Perkovic was able to throw a new meeting record and a massive world lead of 68.23m (223′ 10″). Her complete set was: 67.37m […]
Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott will open his season at the inaugural TnT Elite Twighlight Meet at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on May 3. Walcott will be competing in his first meet since his historic gold medal performance at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, last August where he struck gold in the men’s javelin with […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer julian wruck kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships World Record
- Edvard Harnes says: Thomas also made some remarks on me having special methods, ok...
- Florian van Dijck says: Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why i made that...
- says: Do you mean 7.26 kilo shot? Not pound?
- wedding insurance says: The most important thing that you have to establish with everyone...
- Mary says: My problem is finding shoes in my size . I'm a...
- STC | technique analysis (video) March 29, 2015Looking for some feedback on my technique. Throwing after taking two years off so there is still a ton of rust. Personal best is 60.81m in 2011. Furthest this season so far is 59.14m. Here's a link to the video of the throw: Apr 12 2014 - 11:35 AM -…Christian Pavlovich
- Holy Crap! D3 Thrower throws javelin 75.89 (249' 0") March 29, 2015A sophomore from Colby College by the name of Andy Fullerton,who has never thrown a javelin in college according to TFRRS, uncorks a huge throw. Number one in all of D3 as well as a new D3 national record to beat the D3 record of 75.55 by Tim VanLiew of…Christian Pavlovich
- Christian Pavlovich: Javelin Analysis March 29, 2015Hello all! I am a freshman collegiate javelin thrower who is looking for any pointers anyone can give. This throw I am posting a video to is a 57.10 Meter throw or 187 Feet 4 Inches. It is my official PR although I've thrown over 59 meters in…Christian Pavlovich
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! March 29, 2015Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Weebly is great March 29, 2015I love technology. I am a throws coach and have recently been trying to market myself for individual sessions and coach some of the local talent to be better both in the weight room and in the circle. I did get my degree in Computer Science and I…anguswfisher
- Dream toss by Thomas Schmitt improving his PB by over 2m March 26, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “With an immense improvement shot putter Thomas Schmitt is pressing ahead in the national top list. In Ubach-Palenberg near Aachen, the 26-year-old catapulted the 7.26-pound iron ball to 21.35 m – the eight best performance of…Odysseus
- 2015 Off Season Coaching With: Dale Stevo March 23, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “Who do you coach? In addition to working with Tom Walsh, I also coach a young javelin thrower, Hayden Hall. He’s just switched to javelin after being focused on discus, which is a unique and exciting challenge. Where does…Throwholics Bot
- Q&A with Hamish Peacock March 21, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “Throwholics did a follow up interview with the Hamish Peacock after his great performance from last weekend. He placed 2nd at the 2015 Sydney Track Classic as already mentioned in our latest article “Massive throws by…Throwholics Bot
- What are the best javelin throwers of all time? March 19, 2015Just wondered, If you could pick 10 of your favorite javelin throwers of all time who would they be? Not for distance but just in general Time is as followed 1)jan zelezny 2)seppo räty 3)steve backley 4)Aki Parviainen 5)Andreas thorkildsen 6)sergey…Tom 'thunderhorse' Clough
- Q&A with Stuart Farquhar March 16, 2015Quote from Throwholics: “Throwholics did a follow up interview with the Stuart Farquhar after his great performance from last weekend. He placed 3rd at the 2015 Sydney Track Classic as already mentioned in our latest article “Massive throws by…Throwholics Bot
- STC | technique analysis (video) March 29, 2015
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets