Quite some unexpected rumours made the rounds today. Allegedly Robert Harting would suffer from a cruciate ligament tear. After couple of hours after the rumour spread it turns out to be true. Unfortunately, Robert Harting confirmed his injury on his Facebook Page this afternoon. Due to this severe injury he will loose a couple of […]
Tagged: diamond league
Robert Harting won the Memorial van Damme Diamond League meeting in Brüssel last friday. Even though he won the competition he did not win the Diamond League Race. The Polish discus thrower Piotr Malachowski won the race by 2 points. But even without the crystal trophy in hand Harting enjoyed the trip back home. This […]
Most of the ones following Track & Field/Athletics know about the fact that Diamond League meeting organisers do not care for the hammer throwing event. They are still not part of the Diamond League and who knows if they ever will be. Throwholics strongly suggest to do everything possible to include the hammer throw and […]
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
Today at the New York Diamond League meeting Sandra Perkovic threw 68,48m (224′ 8″), which is not only a new world lead but also the meeting record. The previous meeting record was 63,97m held by Stephanie Brown-Trafton from May 2009. Sandra Perkovic, of Croatia, had won the discus at the opening Diamond League meeting in […]
Hammer thrower Kathrin Klaas will open her season this Sunday May 19th at the throwing meeting in Fränkisch-Crumbach. The following interview will cover her preparation for the season, why she still competes for LG Eintrach Frankfurt and what she thinks about her new training partner Markus Esser. Question: Kathrin, you have been in Split, Croatia […]
The first leg of the Diamond League Meeting in Doha, Qatar was a full success. The meeting records, world leading throws and national records let the Diamond League of Doha shine. Sandra Perkovic was able to throw a new meeting record and a massive world lead of 68.23m (223′ 10″). Her complete set was: 67.37m […]
Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott will open his season at the inaugural TnT Elite Twighlight Meet at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on May 3. Walcott will be competing in his first meet since his historic gold medal performance at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, last August where he struck gold in the men’s javelin with […]
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Sean Denard December 17, 2014
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Jon Jones December 16, 2014
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Jason “Dadz” Morgan December 14, 2014
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Sam Humphreys December 14, 2014
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Martin Bingisser December 13, 2014
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
2015 Off-Season Training Talk andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- Jim says: Glad to see Rutger Smith training for 2015. He's my...
- Florian van Dijck says: Hello Frank, the best would be to register on our social...
- Frank Bathgate says: Australia is producing some great discus throwers at the moment who...
- Jaapie Krekel says: Does that mean there's now space for 1 person? Mr Javelin,...
- tb says: Not sure where "spheres" is coming from, she's saying 'distances'.
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Sean Denard December 17, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Sean Denard, Throws Coach: Grand Valley State University What do you Need to Work on, Improve? As a Coach, during the non-competitive season, in regards to training, I need to improve upon my athletes’ building…Throwholics Bot
- Throwholics Special: 2015 Off-Season Training Talks December 16, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Hey Throwholics, We do have something special lined up. Starting tomorrow we will provide you with a series of interviews and articles from elite throwers. Throwholics asked throwers to share their thoughts about the…Throwholics Bot
- shotput to be withdrawn from olympics??? December 12, 2014Bolt from the blue: 200 metres, 10,000 metres and shot put under threat at OlympicsGerlof Holkema
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! December 12, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- What are your personal goals for the upcoming year? December 4, 2014Hey guys, I was beginning to write out my personal goals for the season (which starts for me in 3 weeks ) and I became interested in what everybody else might be working towards. This applies to everybody, athletes, coaches, spectators alike. It doesn't…Mostafa Amr Ahmed
- Hammer throw technique analysis December 1, 2014I am 19 year old beginner hammer thrower,bellow is video of me throwing 7kg regular wire hammer.I would really appreciate any kind of advice or drills that can improve my technique. Thanks in advance! youtube.com/watch?v=kiehD-GNPlM&feature=youtu.beFlorian van Dijck
- discus stretch. Must read! November 30, 2014ATFCA_stretch-shortening_cycle_in_discus_release.pdf Just found a great throw resource on something I have been really concentrating on at the moment.Sam Healy
- Flor Ruiz breaks South American Javelin Record (63,80m/209′ 4″) November 28, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Flor Ruiz is a Colombian javelin thrower, who competed in the javelin throw event at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Today Ruiz competed at the Central American and Caribbean Games and smashed the previous South American…Throwholics Bot
- Is Nesterenko’s World Record in trouble? November 24, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Today’s Jai Taurima Shield Meet in Brisbane, Australia underlined the class of some Aussie blokes. Once again it was the 18-year-old discus thrower Matty Denny who proved to be one of the kind. He increased his…Florian van Dijck
- Gill opens with 19,31m (63′ 4¼”) November 23, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Athletics Auckland Meeting, Douglas Track and Field, Waitakere – 22 November 2014 Jacko Gill opened his season with a useful 19,31m (63′ 4¼”) on Saturday. In cold and wet conditions Gill knocked out a series…Throwholics Bot
- 2015 Off-Season Training With: Sean Denard December 17, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets